Smoking on start up....

ImportRacer209

So I have a 1994 integra ls and almost every time I start my car it starts to smoke for 5 to 10 minutes and then stops, also the idle jumps back and forth starting at like 2400rpmsi had a tune up done a few weeks ago but it's still doing it.... all answers will help hopefully....

sent form my Lg G2 using tapatalk

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Might have some oil on the exhaust.

adnoh61B

Boosted Teg
What color is the smoke? Any smell? Could be spark plug grommets or valve seals. Do you have a catch can setup?

ImportRacer209

Valve cover gasket and grommets all new, replaced about 2 months ago....

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
Sounds exactly whats happening to my car....I cleaned my Iacv and no change... i would recommend that you do so anyway.. Is your cel on? how much smoke is coming out and where?

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Valve seals or spark plug o rings.

If it's white it's without a doubt going to eventually be a headgasket issue.

Iacv does not operate with coolant. All the coolant does is prevent the mech from freezing in cold weather.

Fitv does require coolant but there's no way it will actually enter the intake manifold.

ImportRacer209

Sounds exactly whats happening to my car....I cleaned my Iacv and no change... i would recommend that you do so anyway.. Is your cel on? how much smoke is coming out and where?
No cel, the amount of Smoke is like if u open th the lid to a bbq and is coming out the exhaust. But as soon as my idle dies down it stops....

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
It's valve seals. The oil dies down after the engine reaches operating temp.

This causes the rubber on the valve seals to swell when warm and temporary seal. I'm sure there's smoke when your driving it.

Get them replaced ASAP.