Walboro fuel pump question

matrixx611

My integ only has headers, is ok to put in a walboro fuel pump? Its not too much or its ok to install? I got this quote from http://treperformance.com/i-133106-a...1990-1993.html

Remember, having too big of a pump is not a problem, but in some applications with an OEM stock regulator you may need to upgrade the regulator to avoid issues with too much flow for the OEM components. Return style fuel systems, such as all the vehicles these pumps work with, have any extra fuel returned to the fuel tank through the return fuel line. Because of this, as large a pump as the

JDM Auto Sports

Hey bud i answerd ur question on the old thread. im sorry. U should have no problems with it. The stock fuel system can handel up to 500hp.

If you're only mod is a header you have no need for a 255LPH fuel pump. How do you plan to control the increased flow from the pump? I don't think the stock ECU will be able to compensate for it. You really should just stick with a stock unit.

matrixx611

If you're only mod is a header you have no need for a 255LPH fuel pump. How do you plan to control the increased flow from the pump? I don't think the stock ECU will be able to compensate for it. You really should just stick with a stock unit.
It's $50 cheaper than a regular fuel pump. That's why I was plan in gettin it.

phatintegra

Banned
Would not hurt but make sure you get the low pressure and make sure you install the tube correctly onto the pump if you go the Walboro route. I have it install in mine but the only thing that gets annoying is the buzzing sound from the pump but over time I got used to it.

matrixx611

Would not hurt but make sure you get the low pressure and make sure you install the tube correctly onto the pump if you go the Walboro route. I have it install in mine but the only thing that gets annoying is the buzzing sound from the pump but over time I got used to it.
I dont think they have a low pressure pump. Do you have a link?

matrixx611

gas gauge is not workin after replacing the fuel pump :(

some ppl say it is the float, but i didnt see that when i took off the oem fuel pump. Any ideas??

acetobe55

pretty sure the resistor for the gas gauge is hooked to the fuel pump.. was there a wire looking thing that made a 90 deg turn? If so thats where your float should be... might of came off when you took the pump out

LittleB10

i just got done putting in walbro 255 pump in my teggy....its the high pressure one...when ordered i didnt realize there were high and lows. anyways it is working fantastic and some people say it hums loud but i only hear when first turn on car. check the sending unit connections underneath the back seat for ur gauge problem. ill post up my fuel pump install tomorrow. good luck man.