How to Install: Side Markers

MoJoJoJo

Banned
get a template, cut ur fender, and wire it up to either ur turn singal or city light, depending if u want it to be on all the time or only when your singals are on. u can do both if you want, but i dont kno how to do that.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
u can prolly do it, if u feel comfortable cutting your fender...and you have a steady hand. wiring it up to your turn signals or city light is pretty easy....well the way i did it atleast.

the way i did it

template i found from the seller
got it on the right spot
borrowed a dremel tool from a friend
cut the fender
put primer on the raw metal to prevent rusting
pop the sider markers in,
popped in the bulb and connector
ran the wires to my headlight(dc5) your city lights might have to go further
cut my city light wires used a wire connector i bought at home depot.
2 wires from the harness 2 wires from the city light harness
put then together and turn on ur city lights, ur sidemarkers should come on.

if you wanna do it for turning, just instead of the city light harness, merge it with the turn signal harness

good luck :thumbs up

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Me and a friend found out that the wiring harness from the tag lights is the same for the side markers, so if you ever just buy the side markers w/o the harness, you can get the tag light oned from a junkyard! We just put dem suckers in our pockets and got some other stuff!

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
MoJoJoJo said:
get a template, cut ur fender, and wire it up to either ur turn singal or city light, depending if u want it to be on all the time or only when your singals are on. u can do both if you want, but i dont kno how to do that.
which would look better? i cant decide which id prefer (if i decide to buy them myself)

sOuL

obd1kenobi said:
Me and a friend found out that the wiring harness from the tag lights is the same for the side markers, so if you ever just buy the side markers w/o the harness, you can get the tag light oned from a junkyard! We just put dem suckers in our pockets and got some other stuff!
putem in ur pocket? wait a minute...u stole em!!?!?!?!

MoJoJoJo

Banned
teg9five said:
which would look better? i cant decide which id prefer (if i decide to buy them myself)
well if u wanna go JDM, i think its to the signals, i had mine wired up that way, after my wreck i did the 05 conversion i tired something new, and wired it up to my parking lights....had it that way since, looks pretty good. but i switched my bulb to led to cut down on the heat.

you can do both but it dont look good...cuz u can wire one wire to the parking light and the other to turn signals. problem is that it wont have the same rhythm.

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
so then the "correct" way would be using the side markers like turn signals? so even when your lights are on the side markers are off until you signal?

MoJoJoJo

Banned
yep they work the same way ur signals do...i'ma wire mine back up to the signals later...but right now i'm enjoying how they look with my parking lights...looks nice