Radio Flyer build

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Hahaha, I was just trying to think of a way to make it feel more girly and like a princess. The sticker we are putting on the side will help with that. I'll post pics once this thing is 100% complete

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Just picked up my next customer to start a wagon build for. This one is going to a friend of mines little boy as a birthday present. The cool part about it is that it's going to be Ninja Turtle themed. I got the wagon all torn down last night, mocked things up and got it off to the powder coater.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I finally got the Camaro inspired wagon back from the powder coater today, as well as the TMNT wagon. I will start by posting pics of the Camaro one, since I am about 90% of the way finished with it.

I am pretty happy with how it turned out, given the amount of money I had to work with. Here's the car it was inspired by

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I am hoping to finish up the Ninja turtle wagon this weekend.

Got it most of the way back together, gotta sand down the axles a little bit to get the wheels to fit over the powder. I also gotta paint the wheels, just now sure what color I want to do them.

Found an image online that I thought would be cool for the stickers, modified it a little to give it a personalized touch

I should have it wrapped up by Sunday night hopefully

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Well I got the TMNT wagon all back together today. The only thing I have left to do is put the eyeballs on for the mask and secure it (was only temped up for the picture). Over all I am pretty happy with how it came out

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Well it has been a couple months since I last built a wagon and honestly I didn't expect to build anymore. I started selling my collection off little by little, I am glad I hung on to some of them as I now have 3 wagons to build all of a sudden.

The first one I am building is another TMNT wagon. My dad called me up and told me that his autistic neighbor boy was in love with the turtles and that is all he talks about. So he told me to build him a Leonardo wagon and he'd pay for it. Having built one of these already I had a good idea on how to go about it. I am going to change up a couple things from the first one such as sticker design and seat fabric, so that it doesn't look identical to the last one I built. I had my dad come over and pick out the wagon he wanted to use for this one, we went with my model 99 which is a special edition wagon. This particular wagon model is the last Radio Flyers to be made in the US from everything I have read. I was a little sad to modify it, but at least it is going to someone that will appreciate it.

Model 99 wagon that is being used for this build

Picked up the shell and weapon

Got everything back from the powder coater today, they had this stuff done in 2 days. I began putting everything back together

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
The second wagon I have to build is for my 2 month old niece. I had originally bought this wagon with hopes of restoring it back to original. However, once my brother in law caught wind that I was trying to sell it, he jumped on the chance to buy it and have me build something cool. The wagon by it's self stands out as it's not one you see everyday. The fact that this one is going to be powder coated and hydro dipped, will really set it off. I am taking the wagon and all its components to the powder coater tomorrow, so they can get started on it.

1950's Radio Rancher

Got it up on the work bench to be torn apart and to decide a color scheme

Got it all torn apart and ready for the powder coater. One strange thing with this wagon was instead of round nuts holding the bolts on, this had square nuts. It took a little more work to get this wagon torn apart, but it's apart

Nick_C78

Shocked you didn't add something pizza related on it. :p

That Rancher is awesome too. I will have to hunt one of those down when I have kids.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha, I have to work within the budget given to me. The radio rancers are awesome, but hard to find. They also made radio chiefs, which is the indian version (cowboys vs indians)

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I tinkered around on the TMNT wagon a little bit this weekend. Got the wheels and the stuff needed to make them work on the stock 3/8 axles. Tomorrow I might mask them off and paint em blue and mount the shell up.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I got the wheels apart and painted tonight, personally I would've powder coated them but given the budget I had to work with, paint had to do. I am pretty happy with how they turned out regardless. All I have left to do is mount the shell, sew up the seat and put on the stickers and this one is done!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Alot of people ask me how to get the Harbor Freight wheels to work with the stock 3/8 radio flyer axle. The answer to that....copper pipe. This stuff works perfectly to bridge the gap and not allow the wheel to wobble around while pulling it.

As far as working on the wagon, I was able to get the fabric picked out and the seat cut. Just gotta sew the fabric up next, I am trying to keep these as individualistic as possible, while staying within the allotted budget. Luckily our local fabric store just got in 3 different patters, so the seat will be different than the last TMNT wagon I built.