Radio Flyer build

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Yeah it doesn't go vroom vroom (although we are about to build one that does haha) but I figured I would share my radio flyer wagon build with you guys. Maybe help some of you out that are looking to do one yourself. I copied and pasted from a local board to get you guys up to speed with this.

Picked this up for $20 off my buddy tonight:

10mins after getting home I had this:

The factory paint was bubbling and peeling off so we went to work stripping it. Since it's his wagon, he got to put in work on it

Once we had gotten all the paint we could get off it was time to bust out the aircraft stripper. Took it to a local car wash and blasted that s*** off:

I have a buddy that powder coats so instead of paint, we're gonna go that route. I asked my son what color he wanted it and he replied Green. He didn't specify which green so we chose this:

Last edited:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
you gonna lower it and stuff too?
its gonna look sick!

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Yeah it's getting lowered. I have a ton of ideas in my head for things to do, just not sure how extreme I wanna go with it. I could very easily turn a $20 wagon into a $500 investment lol

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
That's gonna be sick, always loved projects like these.

dlo253

Badass! Makes me wanna build one, and great color choice.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
You know what would be sick, dude? If you made it hella low and like put some rotas on it. It's this thing I heard about at a car show. It's called superflush or something. Some dudes had their cars like that. Idk what rotas are, but they made them sound really cool. I think that's what makes their cars so low.

Amiguel6

You know what would be sick, dude? If you made it hella low and like put some rotas on it. It's this thing I heard about at a car show. It's called superflush or something. Some dudes had their cars like that. Idk what rotas are, but they made them sound really cool. I think that's what makes their cars so low.
Haha...friends don't let friends roll on Rotas

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I had an intake tube with filter laying around and my buddy wanted it. He just so happened to know of a set of 4 shifter kart wheels with tires. We ended up trading straight up, I need to get 1 tire to match the rear as 3 of them are the same size but 1 is an oddball. The oddball tire is pretty wide, I am going to get one like it so the rear end has wide ass slicks with a little smaller tire in the front. Next up is getting the kart back from the sandblaster and building axles to mount these on.

2kdb7

Hell ya your kid is going to be the badass of the block in that. Are you going to keep the old handle or put a steering wheel on it? Back when I was a kid we turned one into a street luge with some skate board trucks and some roller blade wheels. Can't wait to see the progress

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I'm going to keep the handle. I have thought about cutting it and welding a Honda shifter to it so I can run a Honda shift knob lol. I have also thought about running a knob with one of those red buttons in the middle, wiring lights to the rear of the wagon (taillights) and use the button on the knob to activate them.