washer fluid tank and coolant overflow tank

cchudalla

washer fluid tank as coolant overflow tank

well i just bought my car and it has a Nissan coolant overflow tank and it was attached with a shoe lace and speaker wire and a piece of what looks like a cord to a household fan now as a cheap fix i was thinking of routing the overflow hose to the washer fluid tank but i don't know if this will work due to the level of the tank compared to the radiator has anyone done this?

Last edited:

cchudalla

well lemme rephrase cheap i mean free i would like to replace the tank with a stock one but i havent been able to find one in a junk yard around here but untill i can get one will what im thinking of work?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Can you take a picture of it, I just wanna see this haha. If it's working right now, leave it, the overflow tanks are like 5 bucks at a junkyard, or get on craigslist and look for a partout, I know there's a guy locally on mine selling one for a few bucks.

98gsrDc2

stolen....
Eeesh...god knows what else on the car is held together like that

cchudalla

well i do know the drivers side of the radiator is held up like that too its a small half rad got a full size one yesterday and i already untied everything because i got a great deal on a injen cold air intake and the overflow interfered with that

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
i wouldnt route your coolant overflow tank into your wiper fluid tank if thats what your asking, im sure it would be fine but i would not do that. you would be better off just leaving the nissan one on your car in a different place until you can find the correct one.

theres a u-pick-it near me that i go to often (and again soon to try and find a drivers side fender) and if i see one i can pick it up for you, will probably be less than $10 if you want me to grab it for you (had 2 integras there last time and i think both of them had it)

jmsburke1

you can get an over flow tank from autozone or acuraoemparts.com for cheap. i think i paid only 30 bucks for mine, theres no need to ghetto rig it when you can get oem replacement for cheap.