B20 swap (vtec preferred)

JaminAintegra94

Hello all, I need help
I am new to the honda world, really the car world recently have been learning more and more.
I am about to do a swap on my car 1994 Acura integra Ls
It has a B18b1 DOHC I want to swap for a B20 (vtech)
I would really like to know what I need for that and if you could help me find the sites that will give me the information I need.
Also if you know anyone trying to sell their B20 I am looking to purchase. I live in Oregon so the closer the better.
Please help me I have project and know little about it.:)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you need a b20 block and a vtec head. I would build one, because i wouldnt want someone else's problems.

94RS

No fucks given.
What's the reasoning behind wanting a B20 over the LS?

B20's are just bored out B18B1's, and on top of that, B20's never came from the factory with VTEC, all of the B20V's out there have been converted. Which is the same process as an LS/V. (Meaning you can do the same thing to your current engine.)

Spending the money to swap to another non-VTEC engine would be a total waste of time and money if your current engine is healthy.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
What's the reasoning behind wanting a B20 over the LS?

B20's are just bored out B18B1's, and on top of that, B20's never came from the factory with VTEC, all of the B20V's out there have been converted. Which is the same process as an LS/V. (Meaning you can do the same thing to your current engine.)

Spending the money to swap to another non-VTEC engine would be a total waste of time and money if your current engine is healthy.
the casting of the b20 sleeves is different making them weaker. I forget the actual term for the casting.

JaminAintegra94

the casting of the b20 sleeves is different making them weaker. I forget the actual term for the casting.

So what you saying is that to bore out my b18 the sleeves would be weaker then getting a b20 engine? Or are you saying that the b20 sleeves are weaker in general?

Do you guys know a good site that I can research what I am trying to do? I been looking but it's hard to find 94 integra b20 swap.:)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you can just look up a b20 build guide. Its literally plug and play and you wire in 3 wires. Both, B20 has weak sleeves and the LS motor being bored out to 84mm has weak sleeves. But if i were to do it i would throw in a b20 with a vtec head and be done. I would find a gsr swap to be honest.

94RS

No fucks given.
There was no wiring done to my B20 when it went in, just a bunch of things swapped over from the B18B1 :what: