Yellow Koni's with stock Springs

Tridaddy

I have read many threads regarding yellow Koni's with GC Sleeves.
Do I have to use GC sleeves or any other manufactures sleeves with stock springs?
Do I have to have an alignment when install the koni's?
If I am able to just use the koni's with stock springs, am I wasting my money?
I do not have the money to buy it all at once and what I have now is horrible. When I make a turn either right or left, the front dips so low is scrapes. :(

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You can run koni with stock springs. It will make the ride a little nicer, and you actually may be able to lower the car slightly with the stock spring. I would use the lower spring perch to lower the car a bit on the koni. You do not need an alignment.

Tridaddy

Thank you for that information. I just ordered the Koni's.

Anything I should be cautions of when installing?

Tridaddy

I survived the front install, but the darn rear lower control arm bolts are so frozen both bolt heads broke off. The shaft of the bolt is welded inside the bushing with rust. :cry:

I have the lower control arm of the driver side off, I tried pressing the broke shaft off, but that was a fail.

I started to press the entire bushing out when I decided maybe I should replace all the bushings. Looking for bushings, it seems the arms are relatively inexpensive, sooooooooooo.

I see there are control arms for under $100 and there are more expensive models. Should I stay away from any particular brand? I am not looking to race the car just use it as a commuter.

Thanks

Todd

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol: That same thing happened to me.

I ended up going with the BWR LCA's because they were on sale at TunerSports.

I think I paid under $150/shipped. Polyurethane bushings (with lifetime warranty) and they're stamped "Made in USA." I can't complain for what I paid for them. :what:

Last edited:

Tridaddy

Nice, if I could get them for that price I would jump on it.

Those bushings are a pain in the butt.

I bought the bolts before realizing the bushings would need replaced. They cost ~$26.00 from the stealership.

94RS

No fucks given.
Check TunerSports, they should still be around that same price. Plus there's like 8 different colors if the polished isn't your thing :lol:

Tridaddy

I was able to get a set of Skunk2 for that price. I am got them today. There is not mounting points for the anti-lock lines. On the OEM LCA's there were two mounting holes to bolt them tight against it.
What have you guys done for a work around?