Whinning noise only on take off

zachatttack

I've swapped in a new B18C1 and transmission into my gsr after I dropped a valve in the original. But I keep having this weird noise happen when I take off from 1st. It sounds very similar to a belt squeal from the serpentine belt, But i know for sure its not the belts, I've replaced them and double checked them plenty of times now. This noise only happens when, the clutch is disengaged part way, could it be the throw out bearing? The swap only has 90k miles on it. Also it usually only happens when the car is cold. If you let the clutch out at the right speed it doesn't happen.

Thanks for any help.

R13

The other asshole
First off... Has the transmission ever been taken apart, Is the clutch new, is the pilot bearing new, and is the throwout bearing new?

zachatttack

I was told the clutch is a stage 2, I have no knowledge of how old the clutch, pilot bearing, or throw out bearing are. I was just told the whole swap had 90k on it. Also, listening to videos on youtube it doesn't really sound like a pilot bearing or throw out bearing compared to the videos.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
throw out bearing sound will go away when clutch is pressed down. pilot bearing will make a sound on take off. If your clutch is bad it wont go into gear.