Heater Core problem

JuniorDA[LS]

My 92 is leaking from behind the glove compartment, only on the passenger side carpet is soaked with water, what sucks is that its inside the carpet and is starting to smell. My auto teacher told me its probably my heater core going out. How much usually does it cost to buy a heater core and about rougly how much does it cost to replace. If you guys have any experience with them please let me know. also is there any way I can get the water out of the carpet?? or stop if from smelling?? my friend told me use lysal, febreeze, and vaccum, and a blowdryer, any other suggestion

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
junk yard is your best bet., it may be just a bad hose, have you looked under the passenger side part of the dash at all?

JuniorDA[LS]

no not yet. I plan on it tomorrow and this weekend. ill post a reply about it after I check it out

junk yard is your best bet., it may be just a bad hose, have you looked under the passenger side part of the dash at all?

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
yeah make sure to check the hoses before you go buying a new core

go to the junkyard or local craigslist to look for a new one

heater cores are generally simple to replace, just takes some patience, look around on google for instructions on hoe to replace it.

goodluck

VITOMAN1977

do you smell coolant in the car or is it the mildew smell?

Your problem is that water is seeping through the cowl from the outside. It drips down on top of your blower motor and over the ecu plate and soaks your carpet. There are many threads on how to fix this problem and it's very common with the DA's. You don't want to replace your Heatercore if you don't have to. It's a pain in the butt to do.

good luck