Engine swap question

Canesboyy2

I know its been asked a million times, I'm sorry, but I'm still confused on this topic lol.

Okay so I have a '95 integra LS. And my question is, what would be the best bet :
Keeping the engine it has now with maybe a turbo (if it can handle it) , or doing a vtec conversion with the stock engine I have now. Or another option would be a complete engine swap, but which engine? I don't know much about integra's so any info would benefit me. I will probably plan to turbo it eventually.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
First think what your goals are, daily driver, tracking? A mix? Also, set a realistic budget first and then go from there.

Dawnughvenn808

Well I just did the swap on my car(exact same as yours) last week, decided to go with a GSR(b18c1) for a couple reasons: A.) Turbo gets kinda costly and with the amount of maintenance and problems it may cause without proper tuning and installation it just seems like too much stress. B.) V-tec conversion is a bunch of work finding all the parts necessary and all the extra things needed to be done to the stock motor you already have, which could lead to more problems and stress. C.) Going with a complete motor swap seemed like the least stress to go through of all the choices. Possibly cause I'm from Hawaii and the other two choices aren't as easy to do for me(ex: Shipping fees, finding the right parts, and basically just financial reasons). But my best advice is to do a little research on some other motors you may be planning to put in and get a couple opinions on the motors if you know anyone that actually has them. Either choice you take will have it's pros and cons, but you just gotta know what you want out of your car in the end. In my opinion, if you're gonna turbo it eventually you might as well go with something with more power now just so you have the little extra in the end...but that's just me. Whatever you decide, good luck with your build. I enjoy every second of mines, problems or not. I know in the end my car will be how I want, which is what you should think. In the end the car is yours and if you love it who cares if no one else does

Canesboyy2

I mean it would be my dd. Maybe the track a couple times but I won't make it a habit. What's the average price for a gsr swap? I would have to switch the tranny to or no?

sum1diff

If going with a good GSR you are looking around 2500-3200. Just depends on who and where you get if from. But if your LS trans is still in good working condition you can just use that. The GSR and LS gear ratios aren't all that different, so you should be alright.