No Rev Limiter

94integralambo

ITR.... I wish
A friend of mine had a 94 integra like mine with a b16 vtec swap and they pulled 2 pins out of the ecu and swapped them. In doing this, they eliminated his rev limiter. Is there any way I could do this on my ls? I Know I could by chipping it but I want to do it just for temporary purposes. If so, which pin would this be.

(By Pin I Mean The Wires On The Plug)

hgocasca

level 77 troll
That is absolutely useless, you will gain nothing but a ruined engine. There is no gain at all. This isn't nfs underground, please don't ever try this

CallHimHERO

That is absolutely useless, you will gain nothing but a ruined engine. There is no gain at all. This isn't nfs underground, please don't ever try this
x2

lololol @ nfs underground

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
My car has been swapped with a 98 b18c spec r and has the p73 but it's been chipped and I don't have a rev limiter either. From my knowledge I didn't think obdII ecus could be chipped. It's annoying as shit tho. I hate not having a limiter

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
why would you ever want to not have a rev limiter? is your goal was to see how high your rpms can get before your engine explodes?

hgocasca

level 77 troll
why would you ever want to not have a rev limiter? is your goal was to see how high your rpms can get before your engine explodes?
If that's his quest, I'll let you know right now, on an ls, it's roughly 7500rpms and shit goes boom. Ask me how I know...

Prozon

Kris
I wouldn't touch the rev limiter on a motor. Hell, it's there for a reason. Unless you have forged rods and a built top end, I wouldn't do anything with it. Hell, even then I probably wouldn't lol.

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
I accidentally went from 4th to 3rd meaning to go to fifth and i pulled over and prayed that nothing went wrong. Lucky it didn't. I wouldn't dare mess with the rev limiter.

94integralambo

ITR.... I wish
Nah the 240sx was just shitty. It didnt really blow, just had an insane dead miss and I couldnt ever find out why. $1600 later I said to hell with it and got a Crx with a civic Front end. Hated it. Hf, Slowest car Ive ever owned. Amazing gas milage tho :D But the reason I was thinking about doing this is because my buddy wrapped his up to 8500 at the track every shift and didnt hurt it. I didnt think it would mine. But it is a good idea to leave this one alone.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
8500 on a massive build is fine, there are some people on this forum with built tegs with rev limiters at around 9000 rpm. if he did this on a stock car, b18b or 18c im sure he would have blown it or broken something