94 LS needs a head

Plum CrazyTeggy

Let me start out by saying I know very little about Honda/Acura motors, but have a pretty good knowledge of motors in general. I was given a 94 Integra LS 2 door hatch by a friends mom to build as a memorial car for her son who had passed away after being hit by a drunk driver on a motorcycle. The car was in pretty rough shape when I got it and has caused a few headaches along the way.

The current issue is the cylinder head though. When we got the car all cleaned up and running it kept overheating really easy and bogging down real bad when accelerating. We figured with 220k miles on it, the motor was due for a rebuild. New pistons(.030 over), rings, oil pump, water pump, timing belt, and gaskets.

As we were taking it apart we had 5 of the camshaft cap bolts snap off deep down inside the head. 2 machine shops later and we need a new head. The issue I'm running into is we cant find much info on the casting numbers. Is there a major difference between the PR4 head and the P75 head as to where we cannot swap them for each other without having to do anything else? I can find the P75 head all day, but am having trouble finding a PR4 head locally. I have the cams and such from the PR4 head, but don't have the means locally to have the car tuned(especially with it being a OBD1 car).

Any helpful advice or knowledge would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Joe383

I believe it will bolt up just fine. I believe the P75 is an OBD2-1 head but will replace your head just fine. I have not done this my self though so maybe some one else will chime in and help. Don't take my word on this. For the price of every thing it might have been a better option to have a B20 shipped to your door and bought an adjustable fuel regulator to use to help add the extra fuel. Looks like you might have a little bit of coin in this motor already. Hoping my response will get this thread started for ya so you can get some answers. Good luck on your build.