JDM ITR 4-1 header into 94-99 GSR fitment trouble?

SniperX

Easy fix, get a exhaust that fits a ITR or LS and a cat that fits a LS or ITR.

If you dont want to do that and want a test pipe, contact kteller, they make em in diferent lengths a with rotationg flanges.

The 94-99 GSR B-pipe is 4,5" longer than the ITR, thats why the ITR headers are so long.

Last edited:

LiEkjAi

bolted the header back up today and i likey! now to the track to see if i can hit 14s:twisted:
sorry to bring back up old thread. which model from car-sound you purchase and was it a direct fit? pix if possible. thx

601405dc2

601405dc2
Hey so I was thinking it over..... If i have 2 1/4 inch exhaust and i put a type r header on my bone stock GSR, will it hurt my power since I dont have any mods for the motor?

jdm jon

best solution is the password jdm adjustabe test pipe, or the omni power adj. test pipe......best investment as far as exhuast go, they have 2.5 inch collector....any header, JDM or USDM....problem solved.

i got the password one nt to long ago and made my exhuast set up with my ITR header and catback, look and sounds flawless.

typerj

yessssur
u might need the jdm cat and b pipe. if you need it modacar in livermore CA can get it at a good price.

scarface1836

will the jdm itr header fit on my 2000 gs(ls engine) without any modification? I have the entire exhaust and cat uprgraded to 2.5 inches already.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
will the jdm itr header fit on my 2000 gs(ls engine) without any modification? I have the entire exhaust and cat uprgraded to 2.5 inches already.
Wow thread jack much?

It'll bolt up but it won't fit your cat. You need a cat/test pipe that will fit a 2.5 collector on your header.

DCGuy13203

i had 4-1 itr headers and i had with a test pipe. i had to weld the flanges on the universal cat so i can pass emissions.

suzuki714

Yep, pretty sweet. Love that single sensor OBD1'ness.
I definitley recommend putting anti-sieze on the threads of your O2 sensor. When I went to take off the ITR to have the engine pulled for a rebuild, we couldn't get the O2 sensor out of the ITR header. We had to drill out the entire stock bung with the O2 still in it, weld in a new bung, and by a new O2 sensor. You may be able to tell in my pic, that O2 bung isn't factory.
your guna need hi temp anti sieze, it has copper in it for hi temp things like exaust bolts