LCA bolt and bushing? WTF

Thekris

Ok so Im lowering my car on Tokico Blues and Skunk2 coilovers and it has been a bitch. Front went fine, lowered it 2 inches, looks great. Started the back with my dad and we could not get the LCA bolt off for our lives and apparently from what Ive read, its a common problem. We stripped it so we know we had to cut it off. So tomorrow, we are cutting off part of the stock struts to get the bushing and the screw out. Anyways, what is the best place to get some bushings with fast, possibly like 2 day shipping. I just need the rear ones and I don't need any fancy brand or anything. Please help, I don't feel safe driving with a cut LCA bolt on.

Thekris

Thanks guys. Also, now after I was down there the ABS light is on. What could I have done to make that come on?

Thekris

ANd also, I checked tunersports.com and their kit was 138 bucks. Im looking for like 20 to 30 bucks or something. I jsut neeed the rear ones.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
ANd also, I checked tunersports.com and their kit was 138 bucks. Im looking for like 20 to 30 bucks or something. I jsut neeed the rear ones.
PM jay jay and see if he has the LCA ones or if energy even makes just those by themselves

teg_your_it

when you are done can you let us/me know how you did everything?? i was in the same situation last year and now i've been driving with that broken bolt still. give up on the damn thing.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
when you are done can you let us/me know how you did everything?? i was in the same situation last year and now i've been driving with that broken bolt still. give up on the damn thing.
buy Blox LCAs they are 100$ shipped or some OEM ones im sure you can find those cheap

Rich-PMS

Corsport.com. 26$ shipped for the lca bushings- energey suspension brand. It mine the following day!

Thekris

Thanks guys. This is why I love CI. Ill post an update in a few days when I go to get them on there and lower the rear. And Ill tell you guys how I did it.

Thekris

Worst Job ever. Ok so we ended up grinding off both sides of the bolt, then cut off the strut at the bottom and pried it off from the bolt. Then, we got vice grips and held onto the bolt and twisted it till it came out, then got a chizel and lots of other tools to get the metal casing that the bushing is in out. It took two days and like a total of 5 hours. Worst job ever but my car looks great now. After only being lowered in the front, it feels much better with the whole car. Whoever thinks the back is easier to lower sucks. Haa heres pictures.

Finished product

72Spitfire

The easiest way to remove the bushings is to get a propane torch and melt them away. Then take a hack saw and cut out the outer ring using two cuts, then a simple hammer and screwdriver to break it loose and remove.
As for removing those bolts. it's best to soak them with PB Blaster several times on the days before removal. Those bolts are hardened and drilling them is an absolute bit*h.
So, did you go with Energy Suspension bushings?

Rich-PMS

All that work and you're not tucking in the rear?

You couldve just got a sawzall blade between bushing and strut fork and cut the bolt in 5 minutes. That's the route I had to go