FROGGER 1975 B18C1 Mini Cooper Build +PICS!

XjoEnX

What an incredible project you're doing. Love the wheels! Lots of props out to you for all the cutting you're doing to make this work.

Keoman

What an incredible project you're doing. Love the wheels! Lots of props out to you for all the cutting you're doing to make this work.
Thank you
It's been tedious but not bad for my first custom build. Should be fun when it's complete.

Keoman

Makin progress on the fuel system

still need wire sending unit, plumb filler cap and wire fuel pump.

Fuel line is 6AN to the filter haha. I know, overkill. Easier than adapting to 5/16" (8mm) fittings.
I'm interested to hear in person how loud the walbro is going to be.
cell is 10 gallons

Got the rotor dust shrouds powder coated.

Keoman

Good news.

Went out this morning and finished up the fuel pump wiring. Double checked for loose wires and unterminated leads and then put the fuse in the rear and we went hot! No blown fuses so turned the key and still all good. Went to crank it over and forgot to take it out of gear hahaha gave a nice leap forward but nothing drastic. Everything seems to be working splendidly. Only problem I had was blowing out the rear fuse (which I am going to remove) Seems to me that unless I run a seprate wire to the starter motor, it has to go.

Gotta pick up an alt belt and new rad hoses and a couple plugs and we should be good to fire him up! Debating wether to wire the cluster up first but not sure.

A few pics of how I ran my wires. Bare with me as nothing is loomed yet its mostly just a rough layout but you get the jist

Power and ground wires.

speedin

The Transporter
Looking good! And I bet you wont have to worry about those fuel lines ever holding you back. But I mean if your going to do it why not go big right?

Keoman

Thanks guys.
Yeah the 3/8" lines definatly won't get in the way of any power goals.

So a bit of a problem. Double checked my wiring but I'm missing something.

Engine cranks over, fuel pump is working & priming. Problem is there is no spark. There's something I'm missing. What controls the ignition and spark? How do I make sure the ECU has power?
ECU is P72 OBD2a
Here's the diagram I'm using:
http://www.taktik.co.nz/mini1/misc/miniwiringdiagram.pdf

Keoman

Took it for a drive around the block haha... talk about torque steer. Needs an alignment something feirce.
Definaly faaaast. Driving it was so fun it made me forget about driving a car with no windsheild or doors in 8 degree weather haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lePGsxlcpk0

Going to proceed with fixing the surging problem at idle. (You can hear it at the end of the video) The car is now missing the post-cat O2 sensor, IAB sensor and has a single butterfly intake manifold. Thinking about going hondata.

Any suggestions?