my teg is throwing 2 codes can someone shed some light on these

slpknt1988

Ok, so I went to autozone to scan my light (been on for awhile) heres what the found

P0705:
Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (2-Posi)

P1457:
Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected -B

Dano what the heck the P0705 is actually. I mean sometimes it feels stuck in gear like going down hills or downshifts quick when slowing down for a turn ie. interstate doing 65mph and going on a off ramp slowing to 25mph

Fyi my teg is an LS coupe automatic

Ganyon

To begin, check your trans fluid. If its low or black, drain it out and refill with 3 quarts of new atf fluid. Otyer than that, I'm not much help.

slpknt1988

To begin, check your trans fluid. If its low or black, drain it out and refill with 3 quarts of new atf fluid. Otyer than that, I'm not much help.
That was the first thing I checked :/ i had a neon with a shift issue but the cable could be adjusted and it fixed the issue, but i looked at the teg, its all electronic...so not sure if someone on here had an issue like this

Ganyon

Hmm, I'm not sure. I googled it and I didn't even find anything. Give me a minute to find a diagram.

slpknt1988

Hmm, I'm not sure. I googled it and I didn't even find anything. Give me a minute to find a diagram.
Yea the one time I need google too lol, I know my evap is probably my charcoal canister (was told by previous owner that it was bad)

slpknt1988

Ok at work we use a program called ALLDATA I looked up the EGR code theres a TSB on it saying its the vent valve solenoid on the charcoal canister so when I get paid im going to put a new solenoid on it, clear the code see if that works.. as far as my tranny code my fellow mechanics say its for the sensor that displays P N D D3 D2 D1 on the cluster and it tells the tranny what gear im in?? I dont know if thats fully true, because all my gear lights work asides from D, but who knows. The more I looked into tranny codes on ALLDATA its possibly linked to the vechical speed sensor..even thi my speedometer and milage work fine