Write-up | How to install additional cupholders(semi flush)

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
These oem cupholders are found in the 90s era Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable and other cars from the same era from GM. They can be purchased for as little as $5 or for free depending on your junkyards greedy wallet.

Removal is simple, there are 4 tiny holes, 2 position on each side that can be inserted to close the clamps that lock the tray from being ripped out of the console.

Do not, and I mean DO NOT try to rip the tray out, you can easily damage the bezel or trays. It takes a couple try's and finesse to wiggle these out of the ill-made American cars.

They come with a card/coin tray and another tray for 2 cups.

This mod does not allow for large cups because of the HVAC controls do not provide adequate clearance.
In some cases this mod causes obstruction of stereo use if cups are too large.

This mod requires ZERO cutting of the factory console to install.

This mod can be repositioned elsewhere for instance in replacement for the ashtray and ciggarette lighter or even the lower cupholder. Fabrication will be required.

This mod has also been done in many other honda/acura models. Depending on the vehicle the fitment is much better suited for large cups.

This mod does not require deleting your stereo as in the 94-01 integra has a double din factory. So aslong as you have a single din stereo, this mod can replace your blank space underneath the stereo.

Tools required:

Philips screwdriver
Flathead screwdriver ( to delicately pry )
(4) Q-tips with cotton swabs cut off to be inserted into the tray simultaneously for removal
Hacksaw/dremel

Install time:

10-30mins

Difficulty:

1 out of 5 ricers

This install will not be into complete detail from start to finish because it is quite straight forward.

1. Find the tray, removal it carefully but don't wreck it on the way out. If you do, don't worry. There's plenty of junkyard cars with these to choose from. They seem to end up in junkyards quite often (American made cars lol)

2. Hack off the corners, clean off the tray and remove all debri.

3. Remove your stereo and blank tray if you have one. They end up collecting garbage anyways.

4. Install tray partially and then slide the stereo Ontop of the tray. Make sure the stereo harness and antenna are plugged in and both must be slid in simultaneously to prevent the antenna from being pushed off the stereo. For some reason the antenna cable is short as f***.

5. Enjoy.

Here are pics to help explain the process and showcase the final install.

The tray, with coin holder and cup holders.

The warning label, soft cups only. I am not responsible for your stupidity people!!! Lol.

The tray is too large to fit. The triangular ends will all have to be hacked off to fit flush into the console.

Both ends have been hacked off for good fitment. Do not skip this step or your tray will extrude from the conse and make your interior look like s***.

Showcasing of the finished product. Looks great. Still needs to be cleaned inside the tray with q tips.

Semi flush fitment, not bad IMO.

Coin tray display. Note the card holder liner has bubbled, must've had too much humidity or had liquids spilled into it. I will have to return to the junkyard for another one that is mint. It is possible to remove the liner and glue in my own. That will be another time.

Cupholder displayed. Note there's a spring loaded catch tray underneath the cupholders to prevent the cups/drinks from falling through. It is not pictured here because I must've dropped it. I will return to the junkyard for that remaining piece when time permits.

Enjoy CI! Proof I'm not just a forum lurker and blowing steam out my arse haha. Not that I care.

Let your imagination run wild. There is limitless possibles to this mod.

Share share share!

Last edited:

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
You have a cup in the passenger footwell that could of gone on your additional upholder:p

Just messing, nice write up dude.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
You have a cup in the passenger footwell that could of gone on your additional upholder:p

Just messing, nice write up dude.
Word. That mc d large sweet tea is an example of a cup too large to fit in the cupholders because of the HVAC controls and vents.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW

For the giggles.

3 rows of quarters, stacks of 3
9 quarters
$2.25

2 rows of dimes, stacks of 4
8 dimes
$.80 cents

2 rows of nickels, stacks of 3
6 nickels
$.30 cents

$3.35 total

No one cares about pennies.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Everyone with a single din needs this mod IMO!

2 upper cupholders for 2 redbulls and 2 original cupholders to store 2 more redbulls.

This thing is road trip ready.