Spitfire8o5's TimeAttack DC #117 Build

Nick_C78

Putting in work man. That torque is awesome. That explains your exit speeds. Gotta love how clean thst s2k raced you. Almost side swiping and all. Lol

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
It was nice seeing you on Sunday Roger. That S2000 didn't play fair at all. I like how he responded to your video on YouTube and admitted that he was being a dick.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Awesome, can't wait to start track here in the east coast. See a lot of cars in your pics I droll over with the addition of yours now.

Last edited:

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
okay, so on to the trackday. After the dyno I was a little bummed out that I was going to have to race with such a bad powerband and tq was hopeless.. but I could still take a swing at qualifying.

the first and second session were really really crowded for my run group, infact the worst ive ever been in and was a little upset about the whole thing. only ran a 2:08 but was glad at the HT Cup meeting when I saw that the cutoff was 2:11.

HT Cup has to be the most fun ive ever had behind the wheel in my years of racing. it more than made up for the shitty first two sessions lol

HERE IS THE VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...Gwaug

and on to the pics

for better quality pics, hit up this Flikr Link

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110878593@N05/sets/72157642702128414/

so for the review on the b16b. it was horrible.. tq wasn't there exiting corners and power was only there from 8.5-9.5k under that was just depressing. I cant wait to get a nice motor in there. the stopping power and grip was there up until the 4th and 5th lap but it was predictable. looking forward to my next HT Cup day. Will still be running HFF but in red group only to improve wheel to wheel situations.

Putting in work man. That torque is awesome. That explains your exit speeds. Gotta love how clean thst s2k raced you. Almost side swiping and all. Lol
Torque Monster lol ill always hate that guy
It was nice seeing you on Sunday Roger. That S2000 didn't play fair at all. I like how he responded to your video on YouTube and admitted that he was being a dick.
likewise matt, and its all good.. I hope to see him when I get a half way decent motor. I feel like I could have done better with the LS lol
Being a dick is one thing. He was being straight reckless a couple of those times.
fact!
Nice progress man!
thanks sir
You did great in the time attack after!
did a low 2:07 with a full tank and passenger lol in the super hot 4th or 3rd session, I don't remember
Awesome, can't wait to start track here in the east coast. See a lot of cars I droll over there with the addition of this one.
hahaha thanks man, and get out there.. its tons of fun!

Nick_C78

Quick question. if the cams were so bad, why didn't you just use the ITR cams from your ITR swap?

Speaking of which. Come get your crank fool.

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Quick question. if the cams were so bad, why didn't you just use the ITR cams from your ITR swap?

Speaking of which. Come get your crank fool.
I tuned Friday right before the event. there was no time to do anything. and I didn't have the extra money to retune after the cams .

ill let you know when I can scoop that up man!

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
alrighty ladies n gents. so my last track day was loads of fun but felt like I could do not only better but for longer if I shed some weight. not only that but the seat I had was a little on the bigger side.

so, traded the Sparco EVO2 PLUS for this Status with some cash on his end

and.. BAM

and more BAM

installed the madd tiight goods

and more BAM

and a wang?

JDM ITR Cluster, Momo Course Wheel, BWR Gear Selector

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
So Sunday was a lot of fun lol drove out to the track Saturday night without side windows and it sucked really bad. Bad enough to make an investment as soon as I got back lol

cool little toy hauler!

So Sunday started, threw on my wheels. Marked up my numbers with Robs pretty cool window marker! Nice n Easy! I was aiming for a 2:05 and the first lap I did a 2:05 in traffic. So I made what space I could during the next few laps and went for a hotlap! Ran a 2:03 that I was happier than hell with and in the next lap on buttonhook I noticed a 2:02 on my predictive lap timer! So I pushed and pushed and got it to read a 2:01 at one point but I was too pumped up and messed that up in the last two turns but still ran a 2:02!

HERE IS THE VIDEO

http://youtu.be/SGQLo479AuE

2nd session I went in with a 1/4 tank and figured I would be okay. I was putting around in traffic for a few laps. Went in for a hot lap to find out that I was running out of gas lol only in super hard stopping. I went for gas and session was over by then.

Towards the end of the day I wasn't able to go any faster I did a few 2:03 and 04 laps.

Here are a few awesome pics by YeeJ6

And one by Andy Hope

I should be posting what I took soon.

I'm liking the wing! You have any more pictures of the whole car?

Sended from my phone
Yee!

JDM weight reduction!
Hell Yea!!

Nick_C78

2:02 is flying bro! Good work. You left me in the dust in a hurry! haha You are almost caught up to your hatch. I am seeing sub 2 coming to you this year. Keep it up.