Hood won't open due to accident

sergito_20

Alright guys I got a 1998 integra LS for free, and the front end is just demoslished. The car runs fine except for the radiator being messed up but the hood is also stuck on the latch is there any way I can get the hood off and start making repairs. I've tried the popping the hood hundreds of times but the latch is just stuck. Please help...

Swerve

Shawn
I took a sawzall and cut a hole in the hood then unbolted the hood latch from the core support. You're gunna need a new hood anyways

sergito_20

I took a sawzall and cut a hole in the hood then unbolted the hood latch from the core support. You're gunna need a new hood anyways
Alright I can actually borrow a sawzall from my brother and if you can see in the picture the rivets for the bumper are all stripped anyway I can take those out too?

Swerve

Shawn
Yea those guys strip out super easy. Are you planning on repairing the front end or just pulling the engine?

Swerve

Shawn
Yes I did the same to my integra I'll try and find pics. You're probably gunna need to cut and weld a new core support, new radiator and coolant overflow, and new piping. As well as headlights bumper cover/support etc. But you can probably do it for under 300 bucks.

Swerve

Shawn

My bumper support was actually ok and my radiator support was in better shape because I drove under the car in front of me

Last edited:

sergito_20

My is the opposite actually the girl who hit this car went on top and just smashed everything down but the support frame is messed up

osiris19

As long as the frame rails that the fenders sit on aren't bent, radiator supports are stupid easy to fix

Swerve

Shawn
This is true, mine I just bent back together lol thus why I have a radiator support lying around my parents house in sac

sergito_20

As long as the frame rails that the fenders sit on aren't bent, radiator supports are stupid easy to fix
Oh okay because I really didn't want to end up going with a repair shop because I got an estimate and they said $1500 and I found all the parts separate for less than $500 so I'm trying to put this all together myself.