OBD I trans in OBD II car???

papo08

Ok, I found a b18 LS auto trans to replace mine, but im told its from an OBD I car. My 98, if I am right is OBD II and I will have some things that need to be changed or swapped. If anyone is familiar please let me know. Thank!

papo08

I was told that there would be 2-3 sensors that may need to be cut off my trans and moved to/spliced on the replacement

acclude

cheap bastard
Do you know what sensors they're talking about? The VSS and the shift solenoids are the same as far as I know so what sensors did "they" say?

I know that there are plenty of OBD2 cars that have been converted to OBD1 and aside from swapping out the TCU and ECU the transmissions operate fine so I don't see why you would have to change anything putting the OBD1 trans up to an OBD2 TCU. :what:

papo08

it was actually a honda swap shop, but said he knew very little about autos. he typically installs JDM engines and 5spds. if the engine he imports comes with an auto, he sells it. I thought he may have said a speed sensor, a backup light thing, and something that controlled the shifting. he was unsure himself tho, and thats why I came to you guys.