Multiple/Complex Turbo Questions Please HELP!

GSR-TURBO-DC

THE BIG SUPRISE IS NEAR
OK, heres the set up so you guys can further help. Ive done plenty of re-search, but im still IFY on the set-up im attempting.

Set-UP
B-series GSR block sleeved 83mm (guessing 1.9L)
Ported B16 HEAD/Skunk1 Pro1 cams/Dual Springs/retainers/Edelbrock mani/
Tiltion Twin Disk Clutch
9:7:1 Compression, Eagle Rods.

Goal: 720WHP.

Turbo Choice: GT4202R
Manifold choice: AFI NEW BTM T4 twin scroll/ Dual Tial 44mm Wastegates.
Tuning with HONDATA.

1. Since i chose a faitly large turbo I'm afraid that my small 1.9L motor will not be able to spool the turbo as fast as i would like. You guys know any Pros or Cons to this??

2. Since spool will be a tad bit slow. I wanted to incorporate a 20 Shot of nitrous to help build the spool. (BUT) since im not familiar with nitrous, im not sure what kit would go best with a Turbo set up. Ex. wet kit? Dry Kit? and what kind of Nitrous control??

3. Whats boost control and dataloging system the best out right now???

4. As far as reving high, (seeing how im going to need it to spool the big turbo) what RPM would guys reccomend me to REV up to with my setup>>?? What additional parts can i get to make sure the motor/head hold up at those high RPM's. IF ANY.

5. I know i will need 1600CC injectors to get to my Horsepower goal, BUT this going to also be a streetable car that i will ocassionally take out on weekends, or to the local meet. But ive heard that 1600cc injectors are very unstable. They are rough on street driving. I was wondering if maybe i can get away on 1200cc for my goal, or if there is another injector out there that has proven otherwise>?? Ive heard of 1850's being more reliable, but i dont see how???

PLEASE ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Spody02

Name: Cody
1. yeah your gonna spool late, nothing you can do, i would use a small turbo and have more usable hp
2. i dont mess it
3.since your using hondata it has dataloging and you can get there boost controller for boost by gear which i would get
4. valvetrain will determine how high you can rev, but no point in rev past when you make peak power
5. anything 1000cc up is going to have a weird idle, but there is no way your going to make anything past like 500hp without race gas, but you can look into myth kit and stock ingintion isnt going to hold up either

i think you should start out maybe a little bit smaller, is this your first build?

GSR-TURBO-DC

THE BIG SUPRISE IS NEAR
1. yeah your gonna spool late, nothing you can do, i would use a small turbo and have more usable hp
2. i dont mess it
3.since your using hondata it has dataloging and you can get there boost controller for boost by gear which i would get
4. valvetrain will determine how high you can rev, but no point in rev past when you make peak power
5. anything 1000cc up is going to have a weird idle, but there is no way your going to make anything past like 500hp without race gas, but you can look into myth kit and stock ingintion isnt going to hold up either

i think you should start out maybe a little bit smaller, is this your first build?
This is actually my 3rd build. THe most intense at that.

I may spool late, but i know for a fact that a small 20 Unharmful 20 shit will increase my spool tremendously, also ive re-serached that when you spray a nitrous on a boosted motor is multiplys the affect of nitrous. So even a 10 shit would be beneficial, see what im saying??

I have looked into the Hondata boost control, i was just wondering if there was soemthing else outhere with more results or what not.

I understand PEAK power. I will be on Skunk 2 Pro'1s i believe the power band ends between 9,000 and 9,500 , i just want to make sure thati have every supporting facor out threre. Ive seen too many dropped valve and its not pretty.

Well ive 1000's before and they were reliable to me, but ive read that 1200's are still reliable, but not enough for my WHP goal. Then theres 1600's that are faulty for some reason, then theres 1850's that are better designed. Even though they are greater, the way they were designed they are suppose to set idle at ease and be more reliable.

Race Gas is a must. I'll have a 91 Octane All turbo tune and a Race gas- Turbo/Nitrous tune for the track. I alreayd have the MSD ready to go.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Can you get to 750whp with any smaller turbo?

There was a guy on HT that got around 550-600 on a GT35R. Not sure where his psi was at and his motor was built. Think he was around the 20-25 PSI range.

I saw a thread on HT about Bosch injectors that do not make a wierd idle. I believe they were around 1000cc or more.

GSR-TURBO-DC

THE BIG SUPRISE IS NEAR
Can you get to 750whp with any smaller turbo?

There was a guy on HT that got around 550-600 on a GT35R. Not sure where his psi was at and his motor was built. Think he was around the 20-25 PSI range.

I saw a thread on HT about Bosch injectors that do not make a wierd idle. I believe they were around 1000cc or more.
Not to sure that i can make it on a smaller turbo. But the spool problem wont be a big issue especially with the small nitrous adder.

I'll look into bosch injectors.

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
Research bump... any one els have 2 cents ???? It all adds up..

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Two guys that you might want to talk to are (usernames) AlexD or DaddyBuiltRacing. Both are big into turbos and know a lot of info.

And 700+ hp?! Make that bitch AWD or you'll be spinning down the entire dragway xD.