1996 Special Edition - Transmission

purplepoison

Looking for some opinions and advice. I have a 1996 SE with 177k miles on it, I've had it for about four years, no problems really. Recently it started getting "stuck" you can say, at around 60MPH. It will shift gears from around 40MPH to 60MPH and it'll get stuck in that gear, I don't push it, instead I just drive it usually 60-65 MPH, good incentive not to get speeding tickets :)

I took it into my mechanic, I do regular preventative maintenance, who told me that the transmission is worn and old, he added Lucas transmission fix to help with the hesitation. I have driven the car across the country, and have driven it on a number of long trips between states. Since acquiring the car I have put in about 50K. My question is, is the car worth rebuilding the transmission on or should I just sell and save the $$ for another car.

DC2MAN1119

Transmissions for these cars are extremely cheap, you should be able to get one for a couple hundred dollars. Hmotorsonline.com sells auto transmission for a good price with 40-60k on them. If you have the ability to put it in yourself its extremely cheap.