Metal Oil Cap?

Badass

Random quick question that started a debate I'm trying to settle..

Was playing around on eBay and found some pretty cool looking engine dress up items, one being a metal (aluminum) Oil Cap. I'm a bit skeptical about it. Every cap I've see is plastic and I assumed their plastic for a reason. I'm worried about metal to metal threads causing shavings to fall down into the engine, or if a thread from the cap chips off and falls in?

Any one have an opinions? Metal or Plastic caps? Good or Bad idea?

Noneed2Hate

I have a fake Spoon Sports Oil Cap, I've had no issues with it. The only thing is that if you are doing an oil change shortly after driving it will be hot.

Badass

wow.. didn't even think about temperature. Might be another reason they lead towards just plastic.
Good to know.

94RS

No fucks given.
He means the temp of the surface, like if you went to touch it directly after driving.... It won't hurt anything being on there.

I have this one on mine, never caused any problems when the car was running.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
I still have my hks one i bought a few years back was $85.00 lol. I'd go 94rs cap save you some money.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
The reasoning for billet oil caps is that plastic ones can crumble. Ive ran an ITR chrome look cap and it has never failed me.

GSR_

plus running a metal cap will give you +5 style points at your local JDM meets, yo