Cold Start

juandoe

I have a 92 LS and every morning it fires up fine but acts like it wants to shut off.
Once I give it gas for a minute it runs great.
Any Idea what that could be?

streetracer_805

I would check the fast idal valve or iac idale are control I seen just putting the right spark plugs fix a problem like that

bradster101

yea pretty much lol

Does it actually die or just kinda stutter?

rvasquez6089

me too

i have a 91 GS and it does the same thing, it stutters, sounds like its a missing a spark or 2 every few cycles or missing fuel, but then i give it some gas and its fine, and it runs like nothing was ever wrong with it. ................can some explain the stuttering?

Another random side note: like the first 2 minutes after the cold start the car seems to have wayyy better performance than at any other time

fisrtGSR

My 95 GSR is the exact same way. Its starting to get chilly here in Kentucky now and when I start it in the mornings it starts, but acts like it wants to die. idles around 300. I give it a little gas and it idles around 500-600. It has a new distributor and wires. So good things to check would be plugs and IAC?

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
sounds like you all should clean out your IACVs... maybe adjust the throttle screw. Cars this old the cables can get a little stretched...