FROGGER 1975 B18C1 Mini Cooper Build +PICS!

Keoman

got a vacuum leak that is driving me crazy. have replaced/retorqued the IM gasket, checked over the silicone hoses for leaks, checked the TB gasket (which seemed to be cut wrong so I made my own).
Pic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pah-EID0Zhc

on a brighter note, checked the cooling system for the first time. Working flawlessly.

Keoman

So I just went out and pinpointed the whistling. Turns out it was the valve cover breather hose. Unhooked the hose and covered the IM and the hose port and it died right away like it should. Has to be a sensor right...? I'm dying to figure this out!
Set TPS to .5v at idle and tried 2 diffrent IACV's. I have no idea what else is causing this.

72Spitfire

I LOVE people like this who think outside the box. Not afraid to try something different with lots of custom fabrication. This is a serious project. It takes tons of time and money and PATIENCE. Nice work. Your are awesome sir. It's gonna be a quick little bugger. I would seriously consider stiffening the chassis. Your gonna see some flexing. I wonder if it's gonna have bad torque steer?

Keoman

Bad torque steer? Oh yeah haha... Defiantly the scariest car I have driven at WOT. 1st gear is useless for traction.
Got the brakes sorted out also, stops EXTREMELY good now.

Thank you for the comments.
I plan to put a cage in, just waiting for paint first.
Here he is at the moment:

Decided to go with redbull colors.
Blue body, silver roof & hood stripes. Maybe some red pin stripes. Should look really good when done.

Keoman

Well bit of an update, sorry for the loooonnng delay. Life got me busy!

After hours and hours of sanding here and there, primer!Primer came out real nice which made me happy.
One more once-over with the sand paper and should have him looking good. Going to have the car sprayed once it's sanded as I do not have the proper facilities to paint.

Ended up getting my FPR and pressure gauge installed. Turned out really nice.
I am going to do comparisons between the stock FPR and the aftermarket to see how they compare a little later on with the 255 walbro.
Aftermarket FPR, Upgr8, works great so far, no complaints. Bolts right in place of the stocker so no hassle at all.