no tail lights brake lights nor dash lights

sic91da9

please guys im new here but not a noob to cars i no alil and enough but i jus cant damn figure out why the hell my lights aint werkin.. well ima break it down to u guys...

about a week ago my tail lights brake lights front marker lights all went out.. i checked the 10a fuse under dash fuse box and it was blown replaced and when head lights arent on the tail lights are on with out the car bein fully tunred on jus the aux is turned once i turn car on the fuse blows same goes for the 20a for brake lights under the hood fuse box..i replace and they blow replace and blow.. so i finally took apart the whole dash and seen tha the plug tha plugs into the lights switch one of the spots tha holds a red stripped green wire it is burnt on the plug..now idk if tha meansthe switch is bad or the wirning is bad... can sum1 please help me out i have the radio out and dash is out and cluster please help me and if i dont reply here it is cuz im not really on alot so jus email me any questions or advice to joshuag@boostmobile.blackberry.com tyhanks guys please i no im new here but i am jus lookin for sum help

mirrorimg

Hey guys, I'm new here but not a noob to cars. I know a little but I just cant figure out why my lights aren't working.

About a week ago my tail lights, brake lights, and front marker lights all went out. I checked the 10a fuse under dash fuse box and it was blown. I replaced it and when the head lights are not on, the tail lights are. This is without the car bein fully tunred on, just to the 'AUX' position.

Once I turn car on the fuse blows. Same goes for the 20a for brake lights under the hood fuse box. I replace them and they blow, replace and blow. etc. I finally took apart the whole dash and noticed that on the plug that attaches to the light switch, a green wire with a red stripe it is burnt on the plug.

Now I dont know if that means the switch is bad or if the wiring is bad. Can someone please help me out. I currently have the radio out and dash is out. Please help me. If i dont reply here it is because I'm not really on a lot, so just send me an email at joshuag@boostmobile.blackberry.com

Thanks guys please I know im new here, but i am just lookin for some help
Im doing this for the other people who read this. I will try to help out when I am actually available to give some real advice, instead of just correcting your mish-mash of a paragraph.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Well if the burnt wire is the only sign of a short that you see I'd say it's safe to assume that's your problem.

stevoqb916

if your blowin fuses you have a crap ground find the ground wires for your lights make sure they all have a good ground if they dont it will cause you to blow fuses

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
A weak ground wont cause you to blow a fuse. Fuses blow when you don't have enough resistance.

That burned wire is a result of him continually replacing the fuse w/out fixing the problem.

Most likely he has some aftermarket crap poorly wired. Euro side markers, glow gauges, aftermarket gauges, fog lights, halos, HIDs, alarm wired incorrectly, radio wired incorrectly, neons, etc. I've seen and fixed them all with these rice cars.

It's impossible to diagnose w/out seeing the car.