Tovi's 97 Integra RS Build! (New Here)

Tovi

Hello ClubIntegra, my name is Tovi and this is a project log of my 97 integra rs. I've had my share of Honda's (Del Sol, 2 ej1's, 2 ef's, 2 eg hatches) but I've always wanted to build a 94-97 integra and I've always wanted an RS. So here it goes. (Mainly used to document whats been done if ever I decide to sell or trade it off)

Latest Update:

Current "mod" List:

Motor/Tranny/Exhaust-
b18c1/b16 trans
Blox Intake Manifold
Yonaka catback
PLM Header (not installed)
Blox Test Pipe (not installed)
CF Spark Plug Cover
Hondata IM Gasket
Mishimoto Hoses/New Radiator/New Thermostat

Interior:
Spoon Gen 2 Wheel
Spoon Duracon Shift knob

Exterior:
UKDM ITR Tail Lights
SI-Vtec Front Lip
SI-Vtec Turn Signals

Wheels/Brakes/Suspension:
Koni Yellow Struts
Ground Control Sleeves
Kosei K115x7 +38 on 205/50 Dunlop Direzza Dz101
MOOG Lower Balljoints
MOOG Inner/Outer Tie Rods

Background of the car:

1997 Integra RS 5 speed
179xxx on motor/chassis
near mint interior
originally owned by a mechanic's wife
3rd owner

Pics as of 12/30/12 (when I bought the car)

That week I took my cousin to get his EK hatch:

installed my buddy club shiftknob and broadway mirror. I've had them on all of my cars:

Installed some kyb agx's with ground control sleeves 375f/300r:

Pulled my GSR swap out to do some cleaning. I will convert it to obd2 before it goes in:

Along with the B16 tranny I'll be using:

Random snaps of the car:

Finally got some wheels:

Boxes received on 4/18//13:

New oil pump, if someone can help me find a cfk sensor I'd appreciate it:

Koni yellows along with OEM turn signals:

Last pic on the blown KYB:

Koni/GC assembled:

Got new timing covers and an obd2 p72 for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:

And how she currently sits:

Any feedback is welcome!

Last edited:

Tovi

Thanks guys, and yea I plan to spray the trans, block, and head. Im not rushing to put the GSR in, I have to find my A/C pieces anyways.

Tovi

Update 4/27/13

My buddy does photography as a hobby. He kills daytime shoots but he wanted to practice his night shots so we used my car as the test subject. As soon as he emails me the photos ill upload them to share.

Tovi

That is super clean, can't wait to see the swap finished
Looks nice bro very clean
Nice ride. Very clean. Welcome to club integra!!

Thanks guys

Here's the better shots from the practice shoot. I'm gonna have him do a day shoot so I can have a couple really clean pics of my car but for his first time doing a night shoot, it came out good.

Believe it or not, it was pretty dark where we parked the cars. That extra lighting tricks where all done by him.

with my friend's db:

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll have major updates in the next couple months. I'll be finishing my first year of college in the next couple weeks so updates may be delayed.

Teggykid952

Digging the wheels man! And that bay is stupid clean for as many miles as it has. You'd already got some good parts going in man, looks like you'll be doing good by her. Keep up the good work! Any autocross/SCCA event planning?

Tovi

Digging the wheels man! And that bay is stupid clean for as many miles as it has. You'd already got some good parts going in man, looks like you'll be doing good by her. Keep up the good work! Any autocross/SCCA event planning?
PS. I'm about to finish my first year of college as well haha. College builds are hard as f*** :/
Thanks man, i actually cleaned up the bay some the other day too but forgot to take pics. As for autocross/SCCA I definitely plan to get into it but I only want to do time trials where I compete against my own personal bests. I just have to continue reading up on the rules and become more familiar with it.

And as for college builds, I heard you 100% on that lol. I was able to put a swap in my old civic, koni/gc's, new body panels and more and still have money left in high school but now it feels like I cant do anything!

Teggykid952

Thanks man, i actually cleaned up the bay some the other day too but forgot to take pics. As for autocross/SCCA I definitely plan to get into it but I only want to do time trials where I compete against my own personal bests. I just have to continue reading up on the rules and become more familiar with it.

And as for college builds, I heard you 100% on that lol. I was able to put a swap in my old civic, koni/gc's, new body panels and more and still have money left in high school but now it feels like I cant do anything!
No kidding dude. I feel like I can hardly keep gas in the damn thing at times haha