stock 1/4 times?

ca86108

aye random ? guys. whats the STOCK 1/4 mile time for like a 95 gs-r. theres so many different time readings which is the most accurate. Some say 15.2 which is the lowest. some say eve 15.6 and thats PRETTY high. but averge i see is about 15.4. which is the most closest

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Well, the numbers I've seen and have always gone by are 15.9@89mph.

Last edited:

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
TegSox said:
Well, the numbers I've seen and have always gone by are 15.7@89mph
it all depends on altitude.

here in AZ, stock GSRs with ok drivers will get about a 15.3 or so. most of my buddies with the regular I/H/E get about 15.1s or so.

ca86108

Baldy201 said:
From car and Driver i believe it is 15.5 for GSR and 15.9 for LS.

damn gsr are pretty damn slow then. it has hella more hp then ls and LS is right near it hahah damn that sucks

DownShift96GSR

Like Eviloliv said it depends on your altitude. My GSR runs 15.8s with just I/E. At sea level its faster. You won't get a good estimate until you yourself run one.

Chuckie Finster

Unless, of course, if you had F/I then altitude won't have as big an effect on your car. Ohh...you're talking about stock GSR, never mind.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
Chuckie Finster said:
Unless, of course, if you had F/I then altitude won't have as big an effect on your car. Ohh...you're talking about stock GSR, never mind.
thats still wrong. my buddy has a JRSC GSR and he lives in Diego, he dynoed about 230 there, drove it here, dynoed it here and put out about 190. changed nothing but altitude

hadjie85

Baldy201 said:
From car and Driver i believe it is 15.5 for GSR and 15.9 for LS.
:shock: that stat prob should almost make me regret paying for a gsr, but all i have to do to feel better is to recall the sound of my vtec @ 4500 and 6000..... ahhh all better. :)

hadjie85

big bro is runnin in the high 16's in his teg... its an LS. baldy you sure about those LS quarter miles? no big deal, im just asking, man.

Baldy201

I am not sure on those times. I am recalling them from memory. As of now my memory is a little shakky since my brain is fried (college)

Chuckie Finster

Eviloliv3 said:
thats still wrong. my buddy has a JRSC GSR and he lives in Diego, he dynoed about 230 there, drove it here, dynoed it here and put out about 190. changed nothing but altitude
Uhh, that's because the is an SC. The altitude changes but the pulley sizes don't; provided he didn't change the pulleys, boost WILL be lower. Perhaps I should be more specific--Turbo. The altitude changes, however boost will be remain nearly the same, as boost is controlled by a solenoid which will still remain closed until desired boost is reached. I said altitude won't have such a big effect of an F/I (I am reffering to turbos) car. It will still effect some due to the compressor having to work harder to provide the same boost creating a drop in efficiency.

You sure your friend's dyno operator didn't rob him out of false inputs. What's the altitude difference? A 40 whp drop in power seems out of whack even for an N/A engine.

DownShift96GSR

Chuckie, regardless if its FI or NA, altitude will change HP. I know a guy with a Turbo'd Eclipse where I live. He dynoed here at I think 464WHP, but down at sea level he's at 514WHP. I'm not too sure if those numbers are exact but its similar to that. Same boost level and everything. People say the difference in times where I live (5500ft) and sea level range about 1 - 1.3 second difference. So for example since I run a 15.8 here, at sea level I should run a 14.8 - 14.5 q/m. And no I have no hard evidence that this is true, its just what I've heard from other people who have noticed it in their q/m times.