"maintenence required" light help

newspeed

so after work today i started my car and the maintence required light came on as well so the srs lights and dash lights, they usually just all go off a few seconds later. well the maintence required light flashed for about 15-20 seconds intermittently. then it goes off completely. i would look in the manual to see what this means but when i got the car the manual was mia. so if someone knows the answer as to even what system is the problem that would be very appreciated!
thanks alot!

g3teg97

Super Moderator
You probably need an oil change.

There's a thread about this floating around here somewhere.

newspeed

g3teg97 said:
You probably need an oil change.

There's a thread about this floating around here somewhere.
thats odd. it hasnt even been three months and ive only put 2000 kms on it, well ill look into finding that other post

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It goes off automatically at set intervals, wether or not the car needs maintenance. It just to remind you to do your regularly scheduled maintenance on the car.

onepoint-gsr

Yea its a dummy light. Its one of those things mechanics love because people freak out about it and take it to them. Just make sure you turn it off after each oil change. The button for it is right under the dash where the steering column is. Its a box with a square button on it. Hold the button down for about 5 seconds and the light will go off.

newspeed

thanks everyone, i turend it off last night....luckily i work at a dealership and will take the car in this week and have an oil change. i wish i had the car manual so i could see what the fuck is going on with the car but it didnt come with the car go figure i will continue to searchn sorry for this useless post!

blueTEC

James
just because that light was blinking or illuminated does not mean you're in need of an oil change. you ecu doesn't keep track of when you last change what, so how would it know? that light pops up and certain intervals just to get you to take your car in for maintanence/check ups.

boosted_integ

under your steering wheel under your dash there should be a green or a little yellow square button you push and hold that for like 15seconds and it will clear it your car keys have to be in and turned over one click i think........

hondaintegra

Maintenence light

You need an oil change, of the you got the oil change there's a button on the driver side close to your center console hold that button and turn on the key to the on position until the maintenence light turn off.