Painting my valve cover

importknight

alright i wanna paint my valve cover i got the paint and everything i just need to know if i can reuse the gasket because i have gasket sealer but im not sure if that will work ok.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
importknight said:
alright i wanna paint my valve cover i got the paint and everything i just need to know if i can reuse the gasket because i have gasket sealer but im not sure if that will work ok.
do you know how old the gasket is???

importknight

no i havent takin it off yet what should i look for to see if its still good..... ps: lol ok ill change it

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
leaks around the engine, but if you have the money you should just go ahead that change it! But if not, then you can re-use it, oils not going to come pooring out for anything like that

MikeVo316

i just painted mine last week and i reused the gasket and its not leaking any oil

twlplague

i just painted mine last week also and used the same gasket...just be careful when you are talking the cover off and make sure not to rip the gasket....mine isnt leaking....but make sure you clean the SHIT outta that valve cover before paintin it!!!!!!

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It can be reused if your careful not to damage it taking off the valve cover. It's gonna wanna stick to the cover and the head when you lift up the cover, so go slow.
If you wanna be on the safe side, pick up a complete valve cover gasket kit. It'll replace the seal around the cover, the seals around the spak plug holes, and all 8 of the little round gaskets with metal tops underneath the 8 screws that hold down the valve cover. Their not much money from the dealership or on Ebay.

DOHCtor88

Anti-Drag racing crew #07
Use the Hondata glue.. Thats what i used when i repainted my vavle cover.. My hondata glue is red..