195 or a 205 tire?

Joe383

I am about to put some snow tires on my rims for winter and hate the rims on the car now, there some cheep aftermarket rims. Want to put either the factory GSR blades or some nice aftermarket 15s on the car. Would you guys recommend a 195-55r15 or a 205-50r15? Will the 205 fit a factory GSR blade rim fine, do they rub, should I get a wider rim if I run them? Want a little wider tire if I can for performance and looks. What is your opinions on a good size for performance and comfort. I had some 17s on a honda civic once and hated it. Want to keep the 15s.

Joe383

Was thinking of running something like the TRMotorsports C1 rims if I went aftermarket. There 15X7 weigh 12.8 LBs and are only $99 per rim. They recommend a 195-55r15 tire for there rim.

94RS

No fucks given.
If you go 195, get 195/55. If you go 205, get 205/50.

205's don't rub, and they should fit blades no problem. I believe the wheels I have are the same width as stock Honda wheels, but they're 16's. (16x6.5, 205/45/16 tires). Mine is also lowered 1.5in

Joe383

Nice car. How do the 16s ride compared to the 15s? I had 17s on a civic once and it was a rough ride. Suspension was stock. It grabbed every grove in the road and would pull were roads were regraded at angles. I have not had 16s on a civic or integra but the wife's car has 16s and drives very crisp and smooth. Would you recommend the 16s over the 15s for performance? Do they still ride fairly smooth?

94RS

No fucks given.
Never had 15s, my car came with the 14in steel wheels and hubcaps :lol: I chose 16s over 15s because 15s look too small to me.

I can't really compare it to much though, I pretty much swapped out wheels and tires when I did my suspension.... Which was originally blown OEM struts and dry rotted, s***ty tires (Prime Well).

What I can say though, is that after doing all of that, the car rides like it had a factory "sport" suspension if that makes any sense? A little lower, a little firmer, nice and grippy, not as much body roll, etc.

Joe383

That's exactly what I am looking for on my whole build. Not looking for a drag car or street legal track car but a tight, confident quick sports car. Maybe I will step up to a 16 then. Your car sits how I want mine to sit.

Joe383

Plan on running the factory type R springs with the koni yellows. Pretty much all suspension parts are getting replaced. Plan on doing billet LCAs both front and rear, camber arms, bushings, 23mm type R rear sway bar, 25mm 98 ITR front sway bar, Legend front duel piston calipers front with the mini cooper disk and the ITR/EP3 rear brake swap. Also going to do the usual upper and lower tie bars and chassis bracing. Pretty much dumping most of my mods in tricking out suspension as I have always built drag cars and trucks and decided this car is going to be the first I mod for cornering and braking performance.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
205 is the prefered size for the 15" wheel. I used to run a 215 on my 16s. My favorite of all time was a 225 on a 15.

cullas678

After reading around, I've come to conclude that 205/50/15 and 195/55/15 are pretty much a safe bet when considering tires sizes for our DAs.

I'm wondering what are some of the differences between the two tire sizes in terms of mileage, performance and or comfort. I would expect 205 to provide a little more control through its 1cm larger contact patch...but how much? Is it enough to counter the extra 2lbs in weight caused by the wider tire (dug up off the Khumho spec page)?