Da Shocks Dont Fit??

Dre_DA9

So the shocks on my da are completely blown, probably the most uncomfortable ride ever so i decided to get new springs/shocks. Due to my low budget atm i went with Stagg Shocks and Tein s-tech lowering springs. Dropped it off at the shop and for some reason according to my mechanic these arent the right shocks because the forks dont line up and sit correctly and the springs dont sit right. I called customer service for Stagg and checked the part number and turns out i have the right shocks. Now my worry is why they dont fit on the car. And ik some of you are gonna say "ur mechanic doesnt know s***" but trust me, hes not dumb, hes been building crazy honda projects for years and knows them like the back of his hand. Is there any possibility the car has been modified and needs suspension from maybe a 94 and up teggy? Excuse me if i sound stupid havent been in the honda game too long im still learning.

Sammich

tell them to put the springs on the shocks w/ the top hats and just install them yourself