B18C swap computer question

justincpowell

1991 Acura Integra GS
well guys im doing a prep-list of what i'll need to get the B18C-R (JDM Type-R) motor in my car. im holding off on the manual conversion until the new motor and transaxle are ready to go in. im going to bring the compression down to about 9:1-ish and boost it at 15 pounds with a T4(if my VTEC doesnt get you then my turbo eill lol). so ive got two question.

1, i want to use AEM's stand alone fuel management system in the car. i know for this swap im going to have to trash the B18C ECU and get a non-OBD VTEC ecu. well the stand alone will elimante that but what should i get the stand alone for? in otherwords would i get one listen for a 1991 integra or what? the reason im curious is that in my mind if i get the wrong one ill end up eliminating the VTEC and that would defeat the purpose.

2, will my OEM drive shafts be same? i know the intermediate shaft has the same part number but the half shafts dont so whats the solution to that problem?

I'm sorry if this is an old topic but i cant find it on here.

thanks for your time
JP

justincpowell

1991 Acura Integra GS
any advice would be helpful. this will be my first time dealing with a VVT system so im a little confused on which stadn alone i will need. sorry if this seems noob-ish

kako0709

you'll have everything you'll need on a p28 ecu with hondata s300

as for drive shafts , it will be the same but if your gonna boost.. best time to invest on better axles , raxles.com

i have the same engine and will be boosting soon.

justincpowell

1991 Acura Integra GS
you'll have everything you'll need on a p28 ecu with hondata s300

as for drive shafts , it will be the same but if your gonna boost.. best time to invest on better axles , raxles.com

i have the same engine and will be boosting soon.
thanks. yeah ive been looking at 600WHP(im doing a 500 hp build ) axles and thats why i asked.

anyways thank you. i owe you one.

n2boost

N2BOOST
Hey, you can use the factory axles as long as you don't run slicks. I have been running my factory axles with my turbo set up for 5 years now without any trouble. Just make shure that you get some traction bars so your car does not wheel hop. Wheel hopping will brake your axles fast.

justincpowell

1991 Acura Integra GS
Hey, you can use the factory axles as long as you don't run slicks. I have been running my factory axles with my turbo set up for 5 years now without any trouble. Just make shure that you get some traction bars so your car does not wheel hop. Wheel hopping will brake your axles fast.
lol i know accords wheel hop like fuckin crazy. thanks for the advice man.