Tork's build thread

DAteggy93

sweet car bro, it looks mint as hell the polish is even still on the blades. i think ur better off with the gsr than you were with the second ugliest eclipse ever made

tork_sd89

Baywatch
UPDATE: AEM V2 is going in on Tuesday and this weekend I got a ITR front lip and installed my C-pillar bar. The ITR lip will go on once I get an ITR wing and drop the car.. looks weird @ stock height IMO lol

Last edited:

Alvi84

UPDATE: AEM V2 is going in on Tuesday and this weekend I got a ITR front lip and installed my C-pillar bar. The ITR lip will go on once I get an ITR wing and drop the car.. looks weird @ stock height IMO lol
Good parts to pick up. Post some pics when its all done. It'll make a big difference.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Adding these pics here and making this my build thread. pics were taken 9/29/11

Got it back in march all stock... here's my mods

Car: 2001 Acura Integra GS-R (coupe)

Mods

Engine:

-AEM V2 Intake

Exhaust:

-Apex-i N1 cat-back

Drivetrain:

-Exedy OEM replacement clutch (ITR spec)

Suspension:

-Skunk 2 Pro-S Version 2 coilovers
-C-pillar Bar

Wheels & Tires:

-Enkei RPF1 16x7
-Federal SS 595 205/45/16

Interior:

-custom dual gauge bezel
-Skunk2 shift knob

Exterior:

-8000k DDM Tuning 35w HID Kit
-ITR front lip
-Paint matched side skirts
-OEM style JDM Window Visors

Electronics:

-Prosport Oil Pressure and Oil Temp gauges (amber)
-7" in-dash touch screen headunit
-2 12" subs
-400 watt amp subs, 1200 watt amp high's

Last edited:

Kyle

GSR looks good. Thanks for posting a pick of the N1 muffler, ground clearance seems pretty good and your at about the same drop as me. Did you buy the exhaust new? Oh and I don't believe you have a ITR lip, looks more like a Si/Type R rep lip (similiar to a 99-00 EM1 lip just for Integras). But I still like it, I'll be paint matching my trim come this summer

tork_sd89

Baywatch
GSR looks good. Thanks for posting a pick of the N1 muffler, ground clearance seems pretty good and your at about the same drop as me. Did you buy the exhaust new? Oh and I don't believe you have a ITR lip, looks more like a Si/Type R rep lip (similiar to a 99-00 EM1 lip just for Integras). But I still like it, I'll be paint matching my trim come this summer
Yes I got it new... has a few scrapes WAAAY on the underside where no one will see now tho "/ i need to raise it a lil bit. And the lip is a CTR i think. That's what other members have told me... That's the only ebay part on my car lol my buddy sold it to me and I didn't recognize the difference til later. I'll get a legit ITR lip one day but this will do for now

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Your car looks REALLY good even if it's pretty stock. Way to go! :thumbs up
Thanks man... yea the build slowed down because I cut down on work and focusing on doing well this semester you know. Next mod is likely a header and then just continuing to save up for the motor build down the road.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Update:

I was going to pick up an authentic J's Racing valvecover today but instead of spending money on some bling factor part I decided to do some needed maintenance.

First on my list was to fix the oil dipstick tube, which was loose and vibrating against the header heat shield. The O-ring had gone bad. Acura wouldn't sell me a gasket because they said there was no such part. I purchased a new dipstick tube hoping a gasket would be included. That was not the case. Today I finally got the time to head over to my friend's shop where we pulled the heatshield for the header, removed the tube, and placed RVT sealant around the base of the pipe. There is now no "play" in the tube itself and it's as good as it was when I got the car.

Second on my list is to do a full induction and fuel system cleaning to remove built up carbon deposits. Having a white car the first thing I notice within a few days of a car wash is a layer of black soot all over the back of the car. At first I suspected the piston rings to be bad and thought I was burning oil. But upon further investigation the "black dust" was not slimy and oily it was fine and powdery. The soot is from carbon build up in my engine, and possibly a fouled spark plug. Along with the induction and fuel system cleaning I will also be replacing the spark plugs with NGK platinum plugs. And a oil change, with Royal Purple and Nippon oil filter.

Lastly I need to adjust the coilovers to get the front and rear raised. I plan to go 1/4 inch higher in the front, and 1/2 an inch higher in the rear. After that is done I can head off to get my alignment done.

Plans for Tomorrow:

Induction and Fuel System Cleaning

Oil Change

Spark plugs

Wash & Wax