Questions about my nearly all-original 92 Acura Integra

perpetualtrance

Hello, everyone. Before we start off, I'd like to introduce myself.I'm new here and from what I've seen the community is friendly and extremely helpful. I've been a fan of second gen integras ever since I got my first one three years ago. However, as far as spec, part names, and any general skills with mechanics, I'm at a loss. So please excuse me for my lack of understanding if you say something that may throw me off. :p I have a nearly flawless 92 Acura Integra. Rebuilt engine, automatic transmission(for now), everything works perfectly. Almost everything under the hood is stock. It's been going strong and still is for 400k miles now. I just wanted to post some pics up so you guys could tell me what you think? How much it would be worth? Would my car be considered "rare? I'd imagine a car like this being all original might be worth a little something. I wouldn't know though. These are questions I've always been curious about since I got it. Thank you in advance!

perpetualtrance

Holy mileage! That's a honda for you, They just won't die.
haha Oh yeah. Definitely. This has been an excellent car for me. Even being stock it's pretty speedy. Very good handling as well. I could never find it in myself to sell this car!

RS01

Your suspension will tell the story of the car. Impressive mileage. It's not rare but the sentimental value is probably pretty high with you.

Royal_DA

Royal
Not rare at all. This is as rare as any other DA.

If you want a "rare DA" you need to have the Blacksheep B17 or the DA Zxi w/ AWD :thumbs up

perpetualtrance

Not rare at all. This is as rare as any other DA.

If you want a "rare DA" you need to have the Blacksheep B17 or the DA Zxi w/ AWD :thumbs up
Where could I find a set of these wheels? Just seems as if they would be hard to find. Guess not. Thank you for the info, though! More feedback appreciated.

perpetualtrance

Your suspension will tell the story of the car. Impressive mileage. It's not rare but the sentimental value is probably pretty high with you.
rookie question but could you explain this to me, please? :D

Royal_DA

Royal
Where could I find a set of these wheels? Just seems as if they would be hard to find. Guess not. Thank you for the info, though! More feedback appreciated.
The Integra DA that is considered a blacksheep is the Integra DA GS-R that had a 1.7L engine instead of the 1.8L engines every other Integra DA has also i believe they are rare but i don't think they are as rare as the Integra DA Zxi which had all wheel drive (AWD). Here is a link with info. FYI they aren't wheels.

As for the suspension comment i believe he/she meant that you can tell exactly how the car was treated and how much it was used??? :D

http://www.sohchonda.com/forums/topic/8294-integra-zxi-awd-yes-thats-all-wheel-drive/

perpetualtrance

The Integra DA that is considered a blacksheep is the Integra DA GS-R that had a 1.7L engine instead of the 1.8L engines every other Integra DA has also i believe they are rare but i don't think they are as rare as the Integra DA Zxi which had all wheel drive (AWD). Here is a link with info. FYI they aren't wheels.

As for the suspension comment i believe he/she meant that you can tell exactly how the car was treated and how much it was used??? :D

http://www.sohchonda.com/forums/topic/8294-integra-zxi-awd-yes-thats-all-wheel-drive/
Thank you for the reply! I just suppose I had gotten my hopes up. haha. I know the 1.8L was the standard but what I was thinking made my car rare is the fact that it runs like new yet is not modded like many other DA models I see. Don't get my wrong I'd LOVE to supe my car up but I'm broke for the time being. How are they not wheels, though? I don't understand.

drevans_satx

Dylan
Wheels is correct. The metal is a wheel, the rubber is the tire.

Rim is not correct. Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Royal_DA

Royal
I was just referring to your comment about getting a set of these wheels :) However you're interior is superb and you also have the cover for the trunk which can be considered rare.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
As others have stated the DA is not rare unless you have a RHD, GS-R, or other specialty model. What is good is that you have the GS model which tends to be fully loaded with ABS, and all the little bells and whistles that were available..

What you have is a pretty clean DA. these cars are mostly special to those of us who own & love them :) however no matter what you do to it, or what aftermarket stuff you install... most people (unless they appreciate this particular car) would never pay out more than 2k for it... given you said it has over 400k miles... if that is true for both chassis & drivetrain etc... that is going to hurt asking price.

My advice, just keep it and make it a project... with proper care & maintenance you will get more fun out of this car that it will ever be worth to someone else.

ALso that stock cassette deck is worth holding on to... I know someone over at G2IC was looking for one. The stock decks are hard to find & coveted by people who are into rare parts.

Last edited:

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
they go anywhere from 20-100 bucks... typically in the land of California and inflated prices I see them go for 40 all day in descent condition.