My DD

TheMyth

Picked up these Avid torque mounts from a friend. Got the passenger side installed. Have to make a spacer for the drivers side and install it.

TheMyth

Torque mounts was alil more aggressive for a daily driver than what I would like. Put the oem torque mounts with inserts back in.

Heat wrapped the intake tube. And going to wrap the header. Try to cut the intake air temp down.

TheMyth

Maybe the header wrap will aid in holding/pushing alot of heat out of the engine bay. Help from the header radiating heat.

TheMyth

The Apexi Noir catback is got it choked up. But I'm retaining the creature comfort of having the exhaust as quiet as possible.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

TheMyth

And I found a deal on some LEDs for my gauges. Alot better than the regular bulbs.

TheMyth

Just itr cams. I calmed down what I was originally going to build. Was going to use the Skunk2 pro2 cams (duplicating someone else's known build), then was choosing the Skunk2 Tuner2 cams to retain some fuel mileage, but decided to just stick with the itr cams for less maintenence and less stress on the valvetrain. Since this is my daily driver. I was hoping to net the 200whp mark. But it is what it is.

TheMyth

what else do you have done? If thats a dynojet with a 1.8L those are real good numbers.
Yeah, I'm always on a dynojet. Normally on the same 1 every time, except this past session.
But it's just a stock usdm itr bottomend/4pistons gsr head/ported Gen 1 skunk2 intake manifold/itr cams/my modified airbox/modified Toda rep header/Apexi Noir catback. I used all yellow itr intake springs for both intake and exhaust in this head. Aftermarket valve springs doesn't have a intake and exhaust (atleast any I have seen) with oem retainers. And the head is fitted with Ferrea 6000 series valves. A guy up in the New England area and I was comparing valve weight differences. The Ferrea 6000's are even lighter than the ITR intake valves. So I went with those for this head. Reduce some weight from the work of the springs.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
dang all that head work made a bunch of power. I think i dynoed at 177 6 years ago with a gsr block with b16 pistons and just basic bolt ons.

TheMyth

My first full stock jdm itr engine with 00-01 cams made 190whp. But then my 2nd stock jdm itr made like 184 or 186whp. I can confirm that later when I get home. So I was actually hoping for more. Main difference is my exhaust. My other exhaust wasn't a chambered muffler. I only gained 1 whp by going from my modded airbox to a cone filter. And the engine is still pulling vacuum thru the rpm range. So the weight has to be resting on the exhaust at that point.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
dyno testing is fun. I cant wait to see how much i make on the K20. Im really impressed by those numbers i think my buddy only put down 160 or 170 on his jdm itr motor. But From what nick says, the dyno my buddy and I use reads low.