Clock And Radio Resets! HELP

Doctah-Jay

Im new to this, but i bought my 97 LS not to long ago, and the clock and radio resets every time i take off the car.. i tested the power and theres no constant power leading to the radio im guessing that the clock and radio runs on the same line. the previous owner had an alarm on the car but they disconnected it so im thinking they messed one of the wires up.. i tried looking online for a diagram to see how the radio and clock runs but i couldnt find one, if someone could point me in the right direction thatll be great! please and thank you.

mjones73

Yeah there's two leads, one always hot for memory and one to switch the displays on when you have the car on, check the fuse for the always hot feed. If it's not a fuse, start tracing wiring back to the fuse box and look for anything cut up.

Visionnaire

I had the same issue. Clock would reset everytime. It was the 7.5a fuse. Still need to desire my radio though. It still resets.

dylzyboy

I had the same issue. Clock would reset everytime. It was the 7.5a fuse. Still need to desire my radio though. It still resets.
Hey guys, I've had a similar problem. I fixed the internal dash clock with the 7.5amp backup fuse although my radio still resets all the preset stations after the car is turned on and off. I bought the car like this and it's killing me to know how to fix it. Can somebody pleaseeeeee help me :)

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
I believe the backup fuse in the bay fuse box saves those presets. Check if it's blown.
This^ I was trying to install an aftermarket deck into my Tegg and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get my radio to work and my dash clock wouldn't work either. I replaced the backup fuse and it fixed it.

dylzyboy

Is it aftermarket or is it stock ?
Its aftermarket. I bought it with it installed. the clock wasnt working either, I then checked the back up fuse and that was the problem, i replaced it and the clock started to work again, although the radio stations still dont save :(