100% Stock Turbo

98 Integra GS-R

id like to turbo my stock 98 gsr. I dont really wanna spend more then 2k. Id like to what how much boost is safe to run on the stock internals and what else am i gonna need besides the turbo kit, plus any suggestions on a good turbo kit would help.

OneFastGSR

Treadstone isn't too bad.. My friend uses Treadstone intercooler piping/intercooler. If you get that get the Tial wastegate and either hks/greddy/tial blow off valve. You have better options out there for the money if you piece together your own kit buying all the parts seperately. For example, Get a AFI manifold, precision turbo, go autoworks piping, precision intercooler, etc. If you buy them seperately you can normally end up getting it all cheaper. Because AFI runs specials on manifolds all the time. Or you can find something for a good price on honda marketplace, or craigslist, etc.

Also on top of all the turbo parts you will have to buy bigger injectors, Bigger fuel pump, Moroso oil pan or get the stock oil pan tapped for the oil line, Good tuning software. You can go chrome or neptune but I like Hondata S300 which is $500. You'll definately not want to run the car without a tune and a dyno tune from a good rep shop is normally 4-$500. My suggestion is just keep saving money and while you're saving do research on it all

VtecAid

Also i found this when i was looking for a "cheaper" turbo setup from another forum and the person suggested it had a good experience with this kit with the fitment and all.. And it gives you more options depending on how much power you want...

http://www.go-autoworks-store.com/gostkit.html

I would count in another 1500 dollars at least for supporting mods and tuning / software like OneFastGSR mentioned... Basically i would not start anything up unless i have 4 grand cash in hand or you can buy piece by piece and save money on the way..

Last edited:

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
id like to turbo my stock 98 gsr. I dont really wanna spend more then 2k. Id like to what how much boost is safe to run on the stock internals and what else am i gonna need besides the turbo kit, plus any suggestions on a good turbo kit would help.
Boost - or more specifically X boost at Y flow rate - is dependent on turbo size. The question you need to ask is how much horsepower can the stock bottom end handle? And that would be ~300 hp for a stock GSR. Sounds like you need to do a ton more research before you're ready to boost. Most importantly if you decide to get a turbo kit, get a good tune!

OneFastGSR

It can be done, I got a SFP Manifold, Garrett 60 trim, Intercooler, piping, and bov off a friend for $300, Tial wastegate on craigslist for $125, One of my friends is a good tuner and tuning/teaching me sort've for $250 and random stuff here. I probably don't even have over $1k in my turbo setup/tune and it's actually a decent setup.

HooliganSKATE

I'm boosted on a completly stock motor on a t3 to4e 60 trim. I made 260hp on 12 psi and my motor is fine. You'll need to upgrade your injectors and fuel pump but other than that most of the stock set up is fine for under 300hp. Just don't cheap out on parts, trust me. Fuck those ebay kits, you'll hate life if you get one. Ended up causing me so much more head ache and money than it should have

98 Integra GS-R

Thanks for all the input helps lots and id be completely happy with like 250hp but the closest dyno to me is about 45 minutes to an hour away cause im in wisconsin so would you suggest putting it on a trailer to take it to the dyno?

OneFastGSR

Yes, Once you got the turbo kit on it, fuel pump, injectors etc, Get a trailer, Rent one from u-haul if you have to. Don't drive it until It's tuned. If you do have to drive it. You better baby that thing and not hit a pound of boost. And have a wideband cause if it's running lean at all don't drive it at all.

96LSteg

Jemel
Or you could undo the charge piping drone the IM and keep the stock injectors in. When you get to the tuner pop the bigger injectors in and plug the piping back up. That's if you have 2 ecu's (1 stock and 1 socketed)

Sent from the Amazon Rainforest using tapatalk