HELP if u can. acura integra ls 1998

lilsmacko

i'm not sure what the problem is but..my rpm never passes 3...the fastest i gone is 70 mph and still sits at rpm 3..when i go 60 still rpm 2...

can anyone relate or know what the problem might be? thank you.

1998 acura integra ls automatic

Last edited:

lilsmacko

Isn't that normal for an automatic? Why would you want to change that? Isn't this good for MPG?
i'm not sure. it just never passes rpm 3 even when i go faster. i thought the faster you go the faster the rpm will rise. i thought maybe i was having engine problems.

Ganyon

Try going faster than 70. When I do 70, I'm at 3k rpms or so.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
If your in a lower gear, cruising will keep it under 3. Have you smashed on the gas pedal to see how fast you can go, before the car shifts? Bet it will go past rpm 3, maybe rpm 4, even rpm 5, possibly rpm 6, depends how fast you take it to. Try to see if you can get the needle close to the red mark on the rpm. Now that's adrenaline ;)

lilsmacko

If your in a lower gear, cruising will keep it under 3. Have you smashed on the gas pedal to see how fast you can go, before the car shifts? Bet it will go past rpm 3, maybe rpm 4, even rpm 5, possibly rpm 6, depends how fast you take it to. Try to see if you can get the needle close to the red mark on the rpm. Now that's adrenaline ;)
the fastest i have gone on this car is 70 mph and it gets to the 3 rpm...i just thought that if i was at 70 that it will be at the 4 rpm..and 75 or higher than would take me to 5 rpm

i'm a beginner this is only second car..

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
the fastest i have gone on this car is 70 mph and it gets to the 3 rpm...i just thought that if i was at 70 that it will be at the 4 rpm..and 75 or higher than would take me to 5 rpm

That's completely normal. My car at 70 is a little over 3k. I have a stick. 5k rpm is almost redline lmao

Sent from my phone

Ganyon

You should be ok. Next time you drive it. Just drive in D4 and instead of accelerating like normal, just put your fot to the floor and hold it.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!

I see. The car is made to be around 3rpms to save gas. That's how you get the most miles per tank. I have an IS300 auto. Its 6 cylinders and at 60mph, im at 3rpms

lilsmacko

I see. The car is made to be around 3rpms to save gas. That's how you get the most miles per tank. I have an IS300 auto. Its 6 cylinders and at 60mph, im at 3rpms
oh alright that makes me feel better if i300 is rpm 3 at 60 mph