Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
The 09-10's have stator problems. The 08's are fine, but they have that matte blue color frame.

94RS

No fucks given.
Pretty sure that's what most people do, you can still get the parts from HD. I think EBR also has a fix for it in their parts store.

Just something to be aware of :thumbup:

R13

The other asshole
:rolf: @ American made sports bike, a bit vague there. At least the description saved them from looking like a total idiot. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
:rolf: @ American made sports bike, a bit vague there. At least the description saved them from looking like a total idiot. :lol:

It's not like there's been any other American company besides EBR to make a sportbike... :rolf:

OneFastGSR

I'm going to order some new fork seals and ebc front brake pads. The fork seals are leaking a decent amount, I assume the seals were dry from sitting or something, cause the front tire looks dry rotted I need a new front tire too. Back tire is good though. Back brakes are better than front so i'ma get those brake pads while i'm in there. Lol

R13

The other asshole
:lol: What happened now?

Nothing :lol: At this rate that's just about all the progress I'm gonna make this year :rolf:

I'm going to order some new fork seals and ebc front brake pads. The fork seals are leaking a decent amount, I assume the seals were dry from sitting or something, cause the front tire looks dry rotted I need a new front tire too. Back tire is good though. Back brakes are better than front so i'ma get those brake pads while i'm in there. Lol

You know you can't just slap a new fork seal in and go on your way, right?

You have to disassemble the forks to put a new seal on them and I don't recommend trying it if it's your first time. Get a bike shop to do it.

94RS

No fucks given.
Yeah... Fork seals aren't fun. I had to do it twice on the KZ. And getting them out are a major pain in the ass.

If you're already needing them done in that gixxer, it's probably spent a lot of time on its back wheel and came down hard each time.

I only needed it done on the KZ because they were 33 years old.

R13

The other asshole
Sitting around does that to inverted forks too.

The KZ you should be able to take the forks out of the triple clamps and slide the seal off the end, but inverted forks have to be pulled apart, and when you do that, you need to just go ahead and bleed out all the old oil and put new fork oil in. Not an easy job and not a good job to learn on.