Power door lock "clicking", passenger side won't lock!

khaltire

If anyone has any idea why this is happening, it would be great if you could let me know whats causing it. I did some research and found a thread via Google on TI but it wasn't much help. Anyways, I can't use the power lock switch inside my car (or turn the key in the trunk which unlocks all doors)... the driver side is fine, the passenger side switch only turns like halfway with this annoying click.. it does this like 5 times in rapid succession then stops, like it gave up cause it couldn't lock the door... I dont want to have to manually flick the switch to lock cause it seems like its forcing it, its not smooth..

Can someone explain to me what needs to be done here? Is the mechanism dirty and need of a cleaning and greasing? Or does the whole mechanism need to be replaced? If anyone has any experience with this, let me know. Thanks!

94LS-SIE47

i have the same problem but with the driver side door.. =\
pretty much left it alone.. big deal
but if u know how to fix it.. LET ME KNOw..
:)

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
that happened to me after i had taken off my door panel. i figured the door panel wasnt put back on correctly and was causing something to bind up with the lock so i took it off and put it back on. it seemed to fix the problem though.

and yeah the clicking sucks because (in my car) it was loud as hell and scared the living shit out of me. i didnt realize what was making the noise at first and it had me all worried. but anyways yeah try taking the door panel off. it worked for me and hasnt done it since

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
if it happens to the driver side door. you flick the switch while guiding the lock into its position. you have to be quick and have good timing. i have the problem and now its second nature.