Abs Light Stays On

Messiah62

I have had an abs light on for a couple months now. It is constantly on. My brother and I canot figure out what it is and the code reader we have only reads domestic cars. I dont want to have to go to a dealer unless i need to. We have checked the fuses and they are all intact. I was wondering if anyone had any input on what could be wrong and were to pull the DTC's from it doesn't seem to have an OBD II connector.

1994 Integra LS

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
lol first off your car is OBD1. i'd check the power and ground terminals of the ABS unit... last time i installed my power cables the abs power terminal wasn't connected properly and ABS light came on.

Messiah62

It doesn't matter OBD 2 or OBD 1; i need to find the terminal to read the codes. I didn't even see an OBD 1 terminal. I also checked the immediate connections such as the positive battery terminal connection. Again, as I already said, the fuses are all good. What i need to know is where do i need to jumper to get the MIL to blink for me so that I can get the DTCs. Again, it is a 1994 LS Integra. I don't think it is any of the three wheel sensors because the entire ABS System doesn't pulse. I'm thinking master cylinder but i don't want to go buy one and throw it in because they cost money. I need to figure out how to get the code.

MeDiKTeG

Wingless Hatch
sounds like its time to make a trip to your local dealer

PogKai

B20VTEC
Messiah62 said:
It doesn't matter OBD 2 or OBD 1; i need to find the terminal to read the codes. I didn't even see an OBD 1 terminal. I also checked the immediate connections such as the positive battery terminal connection. Again, as I already said, the fuses are all good. What i need to know is where do i need to jumper to get the MIL to blink for me so that I can get the DTCs. Again, it is a 1994 LS Integra. I don't think it is any of the three wheel sensors because the entire ABS System doesn't pulse. I'm thinking master cylinder but i don't want to go buy one and throw it in because they cost money. I need to figure out how to get the code.
it's a yellow plug, unlike the blue one for CEL. it's by the fuses under the dash if I remember correctly

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
a code reader isn't going to tell you anything. THe only thing it'll say is "there is a problem in the ABS system"

Does the ABS system work? did you use a voltmeter on the sensors? see if there is even any voltage going to them.

What equipment do you have to use? If you don't have a multimeter i recomend you go to sears and buy one for $20. It will help you find more problems than you could ever imagine.

Your ABS control box is in your rear passenger side quarter panel. See if you can get to it and see if its sending or recieving any power from the ABS sensor.

The sensor should be always sending a signal, but you won't be able to tell if its the correct wave form unless you hook it up to an osiliscope. I'm guessing you don't have one of those because they are expencive, but this should give you a good idea.

Let me know if that helped at all and we can go from there.

Messiah62

Today when i was driving i figured something out. When i turn on my car the light comes on for a seond then goes off. I reverse out of my garage and then when i go in drive and go for about 5 feet the light comes back on.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
you dont need a code reader to tell you the code. just find the plug where you would plug in the code reader then jump it out (menaing put like a paper clip in there to connect the two together, then you must "read" your code by looking at how many times your abs blinks and for how long, there is an article i just have to find it.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
guys, the code isn't going to do anything for you. All its going to do is say "You have an ABS error"

Did you try what i told you to do?

Winki

Undercover mod
fuckin 94 tegs i sware my old 94 had the same prob but i wanted to get rid of ABS so i didnt care and my buddys car does the same thing and its also a 94 LS sounds like we should ask for a recall LOL