H22A ,H22A Type-S or, B18C Type R when time comes for a Engine Swap?

VTECking

I VTAK'd on U!!!
Okay, heres the story. I used to have a 1995 Honda Prelude VTEC, and quite frankly I miss it. Dont get me wrong I absolutely love my DC2, I like it more than the Prelude, but I also loved the engine that was in my Lude. So I was thinking when my current engine hits 210k mi "its currently at 162k mi" I will do a swap and it will either be a H22A, H22A Type-S, or B18C Type R, so what do you guys recommend? "P.S. I already thought of a K20 engine, but I probably am not going to get one of those."

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
**Spark notes** (for all who don't feel like reading the story)

Which motor should I swap into my DC2?

lol, I love when people come on and ask which of the main motors they should swap to, but attach a story to it to make it "different from the rest"

you have a perfectly good motor right now. Just rebuild it if you want something "more".

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I would just rebuild it. You will spend at least $4500 on a new motor, that could get you a very good motor build. You could sleeve it to 84mm and build it for boost, thats what I would do.

vtecvaz

vtecvaz
nothing like an oem fit, and yes you can do a world of miracles nowadays with a GSR.
B series engine have nothing but potential.
The new turbo mag has a 647 HP yellow ITR with ac and power stearing this month check it out.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I'd probably rebuild it, but a H22 sounds interesting. A buddy of mine had a '00 Civic gutted with a H22 and it as fast as shit.

Honda_GSR

Yeah its a civic.....
I'd probably rebuild it, but a H22 sounds interesting. A buddy of mine had a '00 Civic gutted with a H22 and it as fast as shit.
damn sounds nice, I was thinking about doing a H22a type-s swap, but how hard would this be though, what all did you friend do as far as the shift linkage and the wiring harness, any help would be nice :)

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
rebuild yours......buy a single cam or an ls to throw in your car until ur gsr if finished.

Backwoodz Tuner

If I were you I would jus rebuild the GSR you got. H22 swaps are a lot more difficult than jus swappin another B series motor. I heard the wiring can be a nightmare. But if your a big baller and can afford a pro to do it more power 2 ya , if you were plannin a DIY good luck

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
honda motors can last past 200k. i'd have to agree about the rebuild, unless you're a do-it-yourself kinda guy. the h22 sounds like fun, and you can get a h2b kit to use the gsr tranny. but iono, the first key questions is how much money you got to spend and if you're gonna do it yourself or pay someone.