Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So... I found out i was putting on my lip wrong -___- and therefor during the test fitting it didnt fit.

On a stock Integra it has a black trim under the bumper and its black i thought the lip went directly under that. Thats how i mounted my old one.

Then i decided to google how it looked for some reason, remembered Lee Randle's car and looked at how the lip was mounted -__- yeah i was mounting it too low. lame.

Aaron came over and helped me with the tape and cleaning up the tape, now i just need to find brackets and other good stuff to hold the lip in on the bottom.

Also put in my retrofit which was made by Tom (NemesisCBR). This was a drop in retrofit using HELLA projectors. Now, if you go on and say why not "tsx or s2k projectors" Think of this, HELLA has been around for a while, and they are the OEM supplier to Mazda, Mercedes, Audi, Mini just to name a few. I think its a good choice.

I also mounted my HID ballasts and i just need to aim the lights.

I did have a problem with the install on one side of the retro fit.

that white thing was in the retrofit housing, and was where the black thing was supposed to go, i made it so they fit into each other and when doing so, the retrofit was off by an inch. And, the next morning i thought about it and took it out and made the hole bigger to fit the black piece in and it fits wonderfully.

This is what the retrofit kit looks like

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
My old BMW lights were by Hella, they were so freakin bright for sealed lights.
Im actually not sure what im more excited about, the headlights or the lip. Ive wanted both for a while, but couldn't care enough to do either of them. I think my friend Aaron pestering me to finish my wing really made me care more about how it looks.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I think the lights will be awesome, what bulbs will you run?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it is set up for an H7 bulb, I really wanted to do a Phillips bulb but i guess they dont make an h7 bulb. I just got a kit from the ricer store down the street.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Yea my experiance with 1320 wasnt great but I paid cheap so I wasnt really suprised.
Jeff is a nice guy and so is his wife. If you dont know exactly what you want, or see you much they are a bit weird. Ive noticed they have been getting a lot of weirder people in the shop. Also, people who usually wouldnt go to shops like that. Like relatives who are buying someting "jdm" for their son or whatever.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

polished and waxed my wing yesterday. Thug life!

made it a little more friendly to drive around, well i threw in my other seat finally.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Daaaamn lip, lights and wing. Makes me want to buy some for my car but i already have those. lol At a closer look dylan the white piece should have been the aftermarket ball joint cup that was on the bracket. The black one looks like the oem one that should have been on your oem bracket but might have come off during removal and stayed on the ball joint. Looks like you probably already worked it out but thought i best mention it in case. Sounds like you were trying to press the white one into the black one.

Any HID projector will be a great upgrade over the stock halogen and those are all popular ones. Hella is probably most widely used since the tsx and s2k is honda only. I think he was asking what color temp bulb you chose to use though. H7 is just the bulb base type based on the lamp assembly, in this case h7 hella. Lookin forward to the results. Clean up your headlight lenses once youre all sealed up! Oh forgot to ask, what procedure did you use to open?

Lip is only held up by tape at the moment?! :O

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Daaaamn lip, lights and wing. Makes me want to buy some for my car but i already have those. lol At a closer look dylan the white piece should have been the aftermarket ball joint cup that was on the bracket. The black one looks like the oem one that should have been on your oem bracket but might have come off during removal and stayed on the ball joint. Looks like you probably already worked it out but thought i best mention it in case. Sounds like you were trying to press the white one into the black one.

Any HID projector will be a great upgrade over the stock halogen and those are all popular ones. Hella is probably most widely used since the tsx and s2k is honda only. I think he was asking what color temp bulb you chose to use though. H7 is just the bulb base type based on the lamp assembly, in this case h7 hella. Lookin forward to the results. Clean up your headlight lenses once youre all sealed up! Oh forgot to ask, what procedure did you use to open?

Lip is only held up by tape at the moment?! :O
Its held on by double sided tape and screws per the manufacture's design. Im buying plumbers tape though and bolting that fucker down sometime soon. Probably before i get my roof put in. So Anyways those retrofits are awesome! i just threw the car together and taped my bumper up and drove to a meet last night and its awesome! just have to aim it up