00 integra gsr back glass, are any other yrs compatible with this yr?

CKnight90

So when I got my car 8 months ago I was told its a 95. But a lot of it has been converted to 00. Recently I was driving down a back street and a lawn mower kicked up a rock and shattered my glass window. The guy driving the lawn mower works for a company and called his boss. His boss agreed to pay for the replacement. I got a shop number from the guy. The shop tried to locate a window for my 95 Integra gsr Sudan. He found one, but on the way to my city it got broken. So the search continued. After the 3rd week of looking the shop said theyve tried everywhere and I need to go to a glass place. So I went to safelite. They found one for 375.00 plus 100.00 labor. A week later they got the glass in. Today I dropped my car off. I got a call telling me the back vin indicates that its a 00. So the 95 back glass won't fit. So the safelite dealer called a Acura dealer to see how much for a 00 because safelite can't get one. The Acura dealer quoted them for 1,300.00. I'm trying to figure out if there's another yr that is compatible with the 00 Integra gsr Sudan one or if anyone here knows where I can get one cheaper. Are the gsr Sudan back glass the same size and shape as the coupes?

Last edited:

randomhobo

automagic user
First off, it's sedan not Sudan which is a north eastern country on the African Continent just below Egypt (last time I checked anyway).

Secondly, Yes, the back glass should be the same from 1994-2001 unless they somehow mistook the "sudan" of yours for a coupe which would complicate things quite a bit.

Also just a heads up, usually if you pay cash safe-lite offers a "discount".

*EDIT* also you should post this in the 3rd gen section for more information.

DREADY

Heyyo!
You need a sedan rear glass. Not a 3 door glass. That's your problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

CKnight90

After reading your replies I called safelite and asked if the ordered the sedan back glass/back windshield and he said they did order the sedan one. So I'm confused. He also said my car is a 00 not a 95 and that's why the 95 won't work. Does it matter if its gsr or not?

Sorry...I'm on my phone..thought I hit 3rd gen

Last edited:

CKnight90

UPDATE: By the way, I remember the safelite guy said the back window vin said its a 2000, where is that vin located? On the actual Glass that broke, if so where? Or on the car, if so where? THANKS!!!