timing belt change problem

tonydize21

i changed my timing belt but when i started the car to check everything was alright(all covers and belts off)the car runs great for a couple of seconds but then the timing belt seems to gets loose from the exhaust cam to the crankshaft ,i tension the belt to specs i dont know if im doing something wrong

Prozon

Kris
When you put the belt on, did you turn the engine counter-clockwise before tightening the tensioner?

tonydize21

When you put the belt on, did you turn the engine counter-clockwise before tightening the tensioner?
yes i did ,i have the manual and i turn it 5 times then put tdc move it 3 teeth counter clock readjust the bolt 40,belt lloked good started the car and again belt vibrating,im thinking it has to be that im doing something wrong with the tensioner cause the spring isnt doing anything

rockadilla

thats right.
yes i did ,i have the manual and i turn it 5 times then put tdc move it 3 teeth counter clock readjust the bolt 40,belt lloked good started the car and again belt vibrating,im thinking it has to be that im doing something wrong with the tensioner cause the spring isnt doing anything]
what does that mean?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
did you use a new tensioner pulley or re use your old one?