JDM B18C build help

THELEGEND909

Hello CI! Once again, this is another guy asking more experience guys to help him make a strong build NA motor. So far i have a Stock internal JDM B18C GSR, DNA Header, 2.5in Blox test pipe, custom pipe exhaust system (welded), AEM CAI, AEM Hi-Flow Fuel Rail, AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator, and a Sneaky Pete Nitrous system (24 jet 30hp).

Yes the nitrous is so ricer but i only use it on track days to get a 1/4 sec faster and to experiment but no bigger spray or anything with the nice kit.

What i want to know is what should i do to make a strong Naturally Aspired build. What am i looking for?

Im trying to get a 200whp build here. Or just a good top end build and then do the bottom.

Skunk2 build or an ITR build or a mixture of items you fine guys and galls have used before? They are just the first to head.

Thanks again guys. Im open to all ideas and comments.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
define track day. LIke HPDE type stuff on road courses or....

If you do road course stuff with like 20 minute sessions i would do as stock as possible. Nick did a b20 build and hes making over 200whp on his 2.0 block with ctr cams. Im at 177 with a 1.8l on ctr cams. stock R is about 166whp

THELEGEND909

My track days are the 1/4 miles runs and The Mile drag. No bigvtime track which i wish i could. Thoes i wish i can go in but i feel lile im not ready till i get more time in with this build.

Now that is great on all those build. I thought about staying stock bit i wanna do this build i been planning for. (Planning as in actually wanting to make more horses and torque).

Nick_C78

For the record, I don't have a b20 block... unless you consider it a B20C1 lol

Also, using nitrous makes you FI, not NA. The list for NA 200 is way different than 200 with spray.

THELEGEND909

So pretty much a top end build? Would iy be highly recomended to upgrade to a hondata chipped ecu or do chrome?

Nick_C78

I have only had and known people with hondata. I hear good things about chrome and for NA its prob all you need. I just use a Hondata s100 and it works fine.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i know people with crome and they have weird problems someitmes like on idle and start up or vtec issues. Hondata is the way to go. Its really easy to get 200whp form a b series. If you want to build the block do it, doesnt hurt.

Nick_C78

Most of the power will come from the head. The block just has to hang...however, there is not replacement for displacement.

THELEGEND909

Most of the power will come from the head. The block just has to hang...however, there is not replacement for displacement.

i am digging that displacement wisdom.

what is a good start for the block? eagle rods n etc? bore it out?

i just had a GSR crank blueprinted and balanced on a friend gsr. says its the best idea i thought of. I just thought it was a fancy idea cause i seen a guy do it on his ls crank. is that a start?

Nick_C78

Focus on getting the correct clearances and balancing. If you want forged pistons and rods that is up to you. Cast pistons and OEM rods will easily handle 200 hp. Just get some 81.5mm PR3 RS Machine pistons on your OEM rods. Bore out the block to OEM specs, set bearings to OEM clearances and youll be good to go for the block. No need to reinvent the wheel in that regard. That will save you about $800 right there. If you want to keep using spray then get forged.

THELEGEND909

Thanks Nick_C78 i will sure to keep ya in the books for a mechanic that knows his ins n out. i should give you a message inna bit.

and that seems like a plan guys thanks!