help my car isnt firing???

itrintegra

ok put in new wires, spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, new fuel pump and fuel filter and the car wont start...the tech guy checked it over and said it was the coil..so i got a coil and put it in...it fired up then the battery went dead..so i charge the battery and tried turning it over and nothing this time, it just kept turning over...anyone have any ideas?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
make sure you put the fuel filter in the right way...

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^^ LOL!!!

I think he'd hear a little more noise than just cranking if the timing belt was broke.... but you made me laugh

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Did he check to make sure hes actually getting fuel?

Few questions

1) Does the car have gas in it?
2) Is the pump working?
3) If pump isnt working did you check the fuse?
4) Do you have a kill switch?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
thats why I asked if he put the fuel filter in the right way. sometimes they are one way valves.

graveyardhippie

^^ LOL!!!

I think he'd hear a little more noise than just cranking if the timing belt was broke.... but you made me laugh
actually, the belt on a friend of mine's accord broke, and i was goin thru all the ignition and fuel only to find out that the belt was broke. b/c the crank spins, just not the cams or dizzy. so it shows signs of a bad dizzy or ignition module or whatever.

but either way, always good to laugh8)

itrintegra

got the problem solved...stupid autozone sold me a bad coil...i got a used one off my friend just for shits n giggles to put in and it fired right up, so i went back to autozone and bitched::D

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
got the problem solved...stupid autozone sold me a bad coil...i got a used one off my friend just for shits n giggles to put in and it fired right up, so i went back to autozone and bitched::D
Thats why I asked if it had spark, oem is the way to go, remember that.