96 integra turbo build

bobbygsr96

hey guys new to the site but im not mechanically sound or anything i just love my teggy and want to make it all done up and what not but i have friends to do all my work. so i was thinking and talking to them about thinking of turboing my car. i have a 96 gsr sedan with a swapped b18b1 in it and i was gonna paint it come marchish and they said if im gonna turbo it do it before you paint it cause i might have to do more body work which would defeat the purpose of painting it. i want to know what has to be done to turbo the car do i have to do anything drastic to change the body or frame or whatever thanks

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Adding a turbo doesnt effect the body. at most you might have to cut the inlet of the front bumper for the intercooler but that doesnt require "body work".

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
To the op, I wouldn't turbo a Ls motor, but to each their own. And you need a lot more than just the turbo. Upgraded fuel pump, injectors, headstuds, and the turbo kit just to have a low end kit. And have to pay to have it tuned after its installes. If your serious about a turbo you will put more in the turbo setup than you did in the car